Chapter 10

APRILS POV

I cuddled up into Jacksons chest as our movie 'The Maze Runner' (oh yes I did) began. We were alone since my parents were out at a dinner date. The movie began and i jumped when this random guy awoke. Jackson chuckled at me and I punched his chest playfully. "It's only a movie but I'll tell you when the scary parts are" he smirked at me and in reply I stuck my tongue out at him. We carried on watching this 'Thomas' guy run and fall over face first while a bunch of guys laughed at him. I had to admit it was pretty funny. "Wow" I almost shouted, getting up on my knees like a little kid. "What?" Jackson said frowning at me, not knowing what to think. "That guy, that British one.. Umm his name.. Ned.. Nell.. No newt! You look exactly like him!" I yelled in amazement. Jackson shook his head and laughed "well he must be one good looking kid then" I lay back down and snuggled into him again. "It's so weird!" I quietly said still amazed "well if he's so like me then I guess your in love with him too" he winked at me. "Well sure he's cute and all but really.. No one compares to you" I said starting to feel my cheeks heat up. He kissed my nose gently and smiled. After a while Jacksons phone buzzed and disturbed our focus on the movie. I picked it up and read the screen. "Casey is asking if you want to come over soon.. Who's casey?" I asked trying to hide my jealousy. "Just my cousin love, don't you worry" he said kissing my head and pulling me closer. I relaxed a bit and just as I felt like I was going to dose off, his phone started ringing. Jacksons picked it up this time "it's Kendall" he said with a frown " hey man, what's up?" I said "hey jackson.. It's Becca.. Can I talk to April p-please" "yeah sure give me a second" I said taking the phone from my ear and passing it to April who looked at me weirdly "it's Rebecca" I sighed and she instantly picked it up "Ohhh love birds are we?" I said to Rebecca smirking "not quite" she replied chuckling a small bit "April I'm at the hospital" I gasped and then started yelling at the phone "WHATS HAPPENED? ARE YOU OKA-" "I'm fine" she cut me off but she sounded calm "it's my mum.. She has cancer.." She drifted off and started to weep "please get Rose and come stay with me" she said crying so much she had to hang up. I sat there, emotionless. "Jackson I need to go to becca, she's at the hospital and her mums in danger" I looked at him eyes wide. "Okay love, I'll come with you" he said putting his hand in mine.

Hey guys, sorry for the short chapter but I thought it would build some tension😜 I'll keep posting as much as I can even when school starts, thanks for all the reads

-holly💫