Chapter 17

"Tae are you crying?" jungkook worriedly asked as he sat down next to the other who slightly moved away. "Please tell me what's wrong, tae. Talk to me." he insisted and taehyung only looked at him after he dried his tears so he can talk properly and not seem any weaker or more pathetic in the other's eyes.

Jungkook looked at him and could see the pained look on his face as he started talking, "you know, i really thought you liked me."

The confused look on jungkook's face had taehyung thinking that this boy is really good at acting. "What are you talking about baby? I actually really like you. What do you mean?"

"You don't have to lie to me, i heard you. I heard everything." taehyung's voice was so soft and almost broken which broke jungkook's heart. "Tell me what you heard please?" he asked which had taehyung taking in a breath. He wasn't sure if he'd be able to talk about it without crying but he promised himself not to cry in front of the other.

"I heard it all, how you're only with me because you feel bad for me, how you hate that i actually think you like me too. You don't have to put up with me anymore, i'll leave you alone. I'll find an apartment for myself and a new job so we don't have to see each other. I don't need your pity jungkook." taehyung said with tears in the corner of his eyes, but for now, he refuses to let them fall.

Jungkook quickly started talking once the other stopped, "what are you talking about? i never said tha-" he stopped talking when he realized what the other is talking about, "you went to the store today?" he asked and taehyung chuckled sadly, so what he heard is true; though he was kinda secretly hoping it wasnt."you obviously didn't hear it all then. That's all you heard?"

"Was i supposed to hear more?"

Jungkook took taehyung's hand in his before kissing it lightly, "would you let me explain now? please?"
Taehyung just nodded so he started telling him what really happened.

*Flashback*

"How are you and taehyung?" jimin asked and jungkook smiled at the mention of his boyfriend's name. "We're doing amazing actually. But there's something that's kinda bothering me to be honest."

Jimin nodded for the other to continue, "about taehyung?"

He shook his head, "not really taehyung, but i know that sometimes he thinks that i'm  just with him because i feel bad for him, you know? And i really hate that he thinks i feel that way about him." he said and sighed right after. Then jimin asked, "why don't you talk to him about it?"

Jungkook's voice could be heard again, "you don't understand, he seems genuinely happy for once, i don't want to take that away from him. But i'll talk to him soon, i don't want him to keep thinking like that."

He turned to look at jimin, "i really really like him chim, he's so soft and pure and thoughtful, and if i could actually just cuddle him all day i'd do nothing else. But sometimes he gets really insecure and thinks that i only did something for him because i feel bad for him- even if he doesn't always tell me about it - which is not true, i do what i do because i love seeing him happy. And i don't wanna talk about this with him because i know he'll pout and maybe even get sad and i don't want that. I think i'll just wait till he talks about it again."

*End of flashback*

"I promise you this is what actually happened. Don't ever doubt my feelings for you, i've never liked anyone the way i like you fairy." jungkook said and smiled when taehyung squeezed his hand and faced him, "is it bad that i believe you?" taehyung asked and was instantly engulfed in a hug from the older.

Jungkook kissed the top of the other's head, "i'm so sorry baby, i'm sorry you thought like that and i'm sorry i made you cry."

Taehyung shook his head, "i should've heard what you had to say before jumping into conclusions, but i was just really hurt." Jungkook kissed the top of his head again, "Promise me we'll always talk to each other whenever something happens, please."

"I promise jungkook."

Another kiss to the top of his head, "what's in that basket?" jungkook asked and taehyung held onto him tighter, "i was gonna pick you up from work so we can have a picnic date here." he said through a pout and jungkook smiled at him, "we can still have our date, can't we?"

Taehyung looked at him, "really? i'd love that."

The other nodded at him, "did i tell you that you look absolutely adorable today? this bandana suits you well, my little angel boy." Taehyung turned red as he buried his face in jungkook's neck, "thank you. i actually really love getting compliments from you."

"That's good, because i always say the truth, and i can tell you that you look absolutely beautiful. The cutest fairy." he said as he pecked taehyung's lips then stood up with the bakset in his hand, "let's have our date now, hmm?"

-------------------------------------------
double update because i don't wanna leave you all hurt uwu since i personally hate when it happens to mee! i hope you enjoy this uwu and let me tell you that THIS IS THE ONLY TIME YOULL SEE MY TAEKOOK FIGHTING! i'm so weak for soft taekook so that's what you'll mostly be seeing! hehe enjoy <3