Chapter 14: Please Notice

It has been a little over a week since the hospital visit, and Minji's been keeping herself busy trying to juggle everything while avoiding a mental burnout. In between classes, studying, work, and dealing with threatening text messages, she's dedicated the little free time she has to trying to break through Gradia's firewall, with Jungkook's assistance of course.

She was still grounded, so she had to make good use of their time together, which was only two measly hours, five days a week.

It's a dreary Monday as the two sit side-by-side in the dining hall of the student commons, still trying to break into Gradia Enterprises' system. They're having little success though as yet another error message pops up on the screen. Taehyung, who is standing behind them, lets out a defeated sigh as he tries to think of another way to hack into it.

"Maybe you should just let me try to get in again," he suggests, but Minji immediately shakes her head in disagreement. She's noticed the way his state has weakened significantly over the past week, probably due to him overexerting himself now that he's been channeling all of his energy into accessing the computer.

Taehyung huffs out in agitation, feeling helpless as he watches Jungkook slump in his seat, the younger letting out a frustrated groan as well.

Minji's phone pings, causing her to let out a small growl as she pulls out her device.

Unknown
Does your friend know what he's getting himself into? It'd be a shame if something were to happen to him too...

Taehyung's jaw clenches as he reads the message. He hated that he couldn't do anything about that either, couldn't trace the jerk who was sending the threats... although he had a good guess as to who it was. 

Jungkook also glances over Minji's shoulder, letting out a small scoff as he reads the message.

"That asshole's still texting you?" he questions.

"Yeah," she grumbles, locking her phone before it clatters to the table as she recklessly tosses it onto the smooth surface.

"What did the police say?"

"That they can't do shit about it," she grits out. "Apparently, there's a lot of things the police can't seem to do lately."

She feels her face heat up, the anger coursing through her as she replays her meeting with the police from a few days ago in her head.

After she had received that first text at the hospital, she tried to brush it off and kept quiet about it. But the messages persisted, and once Jin caught a glimpse of one of them, he immediately took action. Minji rushed after him as he got into the car, his hands slightly shaking as he tightened his grip on the steering wheel.

Once they arrived, Jin didn't bother to sit idly by, waiting for someone to help them. He demanded to speak to someone almost every few minutes. It took about ten minutes before an officer finally approached him, trying to alleviate some of the stress the exasperated secretary was probably feeling from Jin's persistence.

After presenting him with the evidence on the cell phone, the officer took a look into the situation and deemed that it was a case they couldn't pursue. He went through the device and inspected it, concluding that the number appeared to be untraceable, so there was unfortunately nothing more they could do.

Minji used this opportunity to ask about the prior case she had presented with Namjoon about a week ago. The officer sighed before he looked into the database, easily finding the information she asked for. He let her know that the case was still being looked into since there was insufficient evidence at the moment.