Chapter 11: Passwords and Encryption Codes

Minji hears the faint sound of her alarm blaring as she forces her eyes to open, groaning as she reaches over towards her phone to cut the sound off. She readjusts to the bright sunlight streaming in through the window, slowly sitting up as she glances around her room before her gaze lands on her best friend.

Taehyung is laying on the floor, rubbing his eyes as he stares up at her, offering her a reassuring smile. He knows that she's dreading her conversation with Namjoon this morning, but if she plans on earning either of her brothers' trust, then she needs to at least let them know about the phone she swiped from Gradia Enterprises last night.

"You okay?" Taehyung inquires, his voice slightly raspy and low.

Minji lets out a sigh before nodding her head, pulling aside the covers as she gives him a small smile. She walks over to her dresser, pulling out some fresh clothes to change into before heading towards the shared bathroom.

Taehyung remains on the floor, staring up at the ceiling as he feels his heart pounding, the prominent lump in his throat only growing bigger as his eyes focus on the small device on Minji's night stand. She had put his phone to charge overnight, and he knew that today, he would have a lot of explaining to do in regards to the content stored on it.

Namjoon sits at the dining table, humming in delight as he takes another bite out of the hotteok that Jin made for breakfast. Jin feels a faint smile on his lips as he's seated across from his younger brother, but the slight hint of sadness comes creeping in when he hears a door close down the hall, an indication that Minji is finally awake.

Jin quickly eats his food, clearing the table while Namjoon curiously watches him as the faint sound of music is heard over the running water from down the hall. 

"I better go get some stuff from the store so that the two of you have something for dinner tonight," Jin rushes out as he hears the water cut off. Namjoon is ready to argue with him and keep him there, but his older brother already has his dark coat on, heading out the door as Namjoon stands there, letting out a heavy sigh.

As the door opens down the hall, Namjoon quickly turns towards the sound before seeing Minji emerging form the bathroom. Her red hair is tied up in a messy bun and she's wearing a dark pair of jeans along with a lavender sweater that engulfs her small frame.

A nervous smile rests on her lips as she bows her head towards her brother. "I'm going to be right there, I just have to go get something real quick." She hastens through her room, quickly grabbing Taehyung's phone before joining Namjoon in the dining room, Taehyung nervously trudging behind her.

Namjoon was seated yet again in his spot at the dining table, a half eaten hotteok left on his plate as he lifts he head up as Minji enters the room.

She occupies the seat that Jin was at earlier, eyes locked onto Namjoon's as she sets the dark cellular device in front of him.

Namjoon's eyebrows furrow, confused by the whole thing before he realizes that the cell phone sitting in front of him is not Minji's. It's missing the pastel colored hard cover that she purchased after buying the phone since she was always dropping the damn thing.

Minji glances around the room, a small frown on her lips as she notices that Jin isn't there. "Where's Jin oppa?" she asks.

"He went to the store to get us some food to make for dinner tonight since he's working late," Namjoon responds, picking up the device before inspecting it. He hits the power button, a picture of Taehyung and his little sister set as the lock screen. There are also numbers on the screen, a request for a passcode momentarily halting his investigation. "What's the password on this thing?"