Chapter 15: Warnings and Consequences

Jungkook and Minji occupy their usual spot in the student commons, making yet another feeble attempt at breaking through Gradia's firewall while they wait for Jimin to finish up with his morning classes. It was now Wednesday, two days after Jimin offered his expertise help, and they were still unable to get in.

Minji couldn't stop staring at Jungkook, an amused smile on her lips as the round-rimmed glasses perched on top of his nose had captured her full attention this morning. Jungkook, feeling his friend's stare, turns to her, a playful smile tugging at the corners of his mouth. "Take a picture, it'll last longer," he teases.

Minji laughs, swatting his arm while he chuckles along. "Sorry, I just can't believe that in the year and a half that I've known you, I'm just now learning that you wear glasses," she replies. "How come you don't wear them more often? You look kind of cute," she compliments.

He shrugs it off, the compliment causing him to shy away as his gaze returns to the screen. "I guess I'm just so used to wearing contacts that I rarely wear my glasses," he mutters. "Now, can we please return to our work?" he requests, earning a nod from Minji as she pulls her chair closer, peering over his shoulder as he makes yet another attempt at breaking through the firewall.

Taehyung stands behind the two, a curious glint in his eyes as he stares at his best friend before his eyes travel to the young man sitting next to her. He couldn't stop thinking about her interaction with Jungkook, and how she called him cute. She never compliments me when I wear my glasses... Wait, does she like Jungkook now?

In the distance, thudding footsteps echo through the halls of the student commons as Jimin sprints through the crowd, weaving in and out of the sea of people with his laptop in hand. The small commotion pulls Taehyung from his thoughts as his eyes wander around the commons trying to find the source.

"Move please!" Jimin shouts, apologizing when he bumps into someone's shoulder, not even bothering to turn around as he continues to rush towards Jungkook and Minji. The two are startled by his presence as he pops up beside them, trying to catch his breath while they stare at him with wide eyes. Taehyung can't help but let out an amused chuckle at his friend's disheveled appearance.

"I've got it! I've finally got it!" Jimin proclaims as he sets his laptop down, fingers frantically moving across the keys as he types in his password to unlock it.

Both Jungkook and Minji rush from their seats, standing on either side of him as they wait for the screen to load. A surprised expression settles on both of their faces as they stare at the ACCESS GRANTED that is printed at the top.

"Holy shit," Jungkook mutters.

"How the hell did you manage to get in?" Minji asks.

"I was up all night working on it, and I finally found a small loophole which allowed me to sneak in. Hopefully we can go by undetected, but all that matters is that we're in!" he replied. "Now, what exactly are we looking for?"

"Hold up, you were up all night?" Minji asks, only to get a dismissive wave from Jimin.

"That's not important right now," he states, his tired eyes meeting her worried gaze. "You said this is going to help Tae, right? I wasn't going to rest until we got in," he honestly admits. "Now, if we're going to help him, I need to know what I'm looking for."

She sighs before finally giving in. "Taehyung was working with the company's CEO to set up a deal, a man named Mr. Lee," Minji shares, watching as Jimin goes through various portals in order to see if he can find any information about the deal.