Chapter 9: Troublemaker

Jimin glances up as yet another ping chimes from Minji's phone.

Minji doesn't even bothering looking at her coworker as her eyes immediately go to her friend, who's leaning against the counter behind her register with a boxy smile on his face as her phone chimes again.

"Aren't we popular today?" Jimin teases, causing Minji to scowl before she glares at Taehyung.

"Cut it out," she whispers, trying not to raise any suspicion from Jimin as Taehyung simply chuckles.

Ever since he'd gotten better at navigating through technology as a spirit, he'd been constantly sending messages to Minji throughout the day, much to her annoyance. After spending the whole week honing in on his skill, he no longer needed to touch the phone in order to send messages, but was able to use waves in order to transmit the energy to her phone, something he had been so damn proud of.

Minji pulls out her phone, silencing it as she triumphantly grins at her best friend. There, now he can't bother me. She's startled as she hears her phone ping yet again, causing her to stare at him with wide eyes.

"I've been practicing," he says, his smile widening as she huffs in frustration.

"Hey, have you been at the hospital lately? I was there the other day and Mrs. Kim was asking about you," Jimin says, causing Minji to turn to him while Taehyung also faced him, the playful demeanor now replaced by a more serious expression.

"I uhh, it's been a while," Minji admits, glancing at Taehyung, who is now staring down at the floor as he thinks about his mom sitting next to him in that hospital room. At nights, when he's with Minji in her room, he can hear his mom talking to him, something that he hasn't shared with his best friend.

He's still not sure if he's imagining it or not, but a part of him hopes that it's a sign that his soul is still somehow connected to his body.

"Hey, do you want to come with me after work? I'm sure she'd love to see you," Jimin offers while Minji smiles.

"I'd have to let my brothers know, but I'd love to," she replies, causing him to smile as Taehyung glances at her, a fond smile on his lips.

"Alright, thirty more minutes," Yoongi announces as he emerges from the office, shuffling over towards the other two. "How's it going out here?" he asks.

"It's dead," Jimin deadpans, a neutral expression on his face as Yoongi lets out a light chuckle.

"Well yeah, it's almost midnight, of course it's dead," the young manager replies.

Jimin curiously glances over at Yoongi noticing something slightly different about him. "You know, you're more chipper than usual today, what's gotten into you?" he boldly asks, now taking a good look at the man standing in front of him as he notices how even his clothes are different. Usually, Yoongi wore plain shirts and sweatshirts paired with his skinny jeans, but today he wore a nice, crisp, black dress shirt that was tucked into his jeans.

"Not that it's any of your business, but I've got a date tonight," he shares, a gummy smile taking over his features while Minji feels her heart plummet.

"Oh, that's cool," Jimin comments, subtly glancing at Minji from the corner of his eye while Taehyung immediately straightens up, taking a step closer towards her as he notices the prominent frown on her face.

"Hey, you okay?" he asks, his voice low and hushed as he stares at his best friend, noticing how her eyes are slightly glossy. "Don't cry Minie, he's not worth it," Taehyung says, trying his best to comfort her as she tries her best to hold it together. "Trust me, he wouldn't have been good enough for you anyway."