Chapter 3

36 hours. 2160 minutes. 129600 seconds. A day and a half. That's how long it's been since I told Carlisle I thought there was a chance I might be pregnant. Since he confirmed that. Since Jasper and I realized we were finally gonna be parents. That we had done the impossible for vampires. That's how long it's been since Alice called Edward and Bella and told them they needed to come home.

In the last 36 hours, we've told my dad everything, from the pregnancy to vampires and almost everything in between. Of course, we didn't tell him about the wolves; that's not our secret to share. After we told Dad all that we could and then some, he and Jasper helped me pack my stuff so I could move in with Jasper.

When we got to the Cullen's house, Esme had dinner ready for us to eat when we were ready, and she insisted Dad stay and eat once Carlisle whispered in her ear that Dad knew and that he could be trusted. She insisted since she claimed Dad was family now, between Edward and Bella getting married, Jasper and I getting engaged, and the baby on the way.

So, after we unpacked my stuff, which wasn't a whole lot because I wanted to leave some stuff at my dad's for now, but it was still at least half of what I own, Dad and I sat down to eat. Carlisle, Esme, and Jasper joined us at the table, even if they didn't eat. Jasper, just like he always does, sat by my side, only this time instead of holding my hand, he kept his resting on my tummy.

Eventually after we ate, and Dad and Esme had a chance to talk and get to know each other, Dad went home, and Jasper took me up to bed. But, not before Esme gushed about how much she loved my dad, not in a romantic way, but in a cute, "I think he's a pure hearted sweetie" way. Her words. Not mine.

After a good night's sleep, for me anyways, nestled in Jasper's embrace as he held me all night, we got up this morning to the smell of pancakes and bacon. I giggled and rubbed my face against his soft cotton t-shirt as I woke.

"Your mom is gonna spoil me." I mumbled.

He just laughed and kissed my head. "Well, I think she's just excited to be a grandma. And you're giving her that chance."

We'd gotten up at that point, and shuffled downstairs. Jasper was still wearing jeans and his tee, and me wearing one of his old t-shirts and a pair of sleep shorts. Esme practically spoon fed me plate after plate of pancakes and bacon.

"You need to keep up your strength, sweetie. That way you and the baby will be healthy!" She insisted as I ate.

I giggled, knowing she knew what pregnancy was like, and that she only wanted was best for me. When I couldn't eat another bite, she wrapped the food up and put it in the fridge for me for later, in case I got hungry and wanted a snack. I gave her a hug before going to get dressed in something that wasn't what I'd slept in.

Which is how I got to be here, sitting on the couch in the Cullen's living room, with Jasper sitting next to me, his hand, once again, resting on my tummy, softly stroking his thumb over it. I giggle and kiss his head once he lays it on my shoulder, his face tilted down, no doubt staring at my stomach.

"Happy, Jazz?" I murmur, bringing a hand up to play with his hair.

He nods against my shoulder. "So happy. Our baby...our baby is under my hand."

I giggle. "Kinda sorta under your hand. In my belly, but yes, under your hand."

He snorts happily. "So technical, my love."

I giggle and shrug a little. "You love it."

He tilts his head back and looks up at me. "Yes. I do. I love it so much. And, I love you too, darlin'. So, so much."

I blush and kiss his forehead, making his cheeks turn pink too.

"I love you too, hon." I whisper.