Chapter 13

We arrive at Mollies and park outside. I step out of the car and onto the street taking in the smell of the old little town where I spent my childhood. Charlie got out of the car and joined me grabbing my hand as we entered Mollies.

As we pushed the door open the shop bell chimed and we took a seat at the booth in the far corner ready for our order to be taken. 'I don't believe it , Little Lottie' I looked up at the old man staring back at me 'UNCLE DON' I got up and hugged the man ' you never told me you were coming back, how's your old man?' He asked 'He's well, working but he's well' I pulled out of the hug and sat back down. 'and who's this young chap?' Uncle Don asked pointing to Charlie. 

'Uncle Don, this is Charlie - Charlie this is my dad's friend Don, but I call him Uncle Don because he is basically family' I explained to Charlie as they shook hands. 'Do you want the usual munchkin?' Don asks me. 'Please can I have a moon dust but with an extra spoon and 2 cups of the pixie dust' Don takes our order and disappears into the kitchen. 

'So this is Mollies then' Charlie asks. 

'It is, it was named after Don's late wife who passed away from Cancer. The place was opened before I was even born but every time we visited my Grandparents we would always spend our days here, Don and my Dad went to school together and they have been best friends ever since. When we moved they stayed in contact and Don and his kids would come and visit us every holiday and stay. Of course they know the secret but they understand the reasons for not sharing it.' I explain to Charlie while we wait for our food. 

'You have such an amazing network around you Lottie and I am so so thankful to be apart of your life.' Charlie explains grabbing my hand across the table. 

We continue talking about general things before our food and drinks get delivered to the table. We eat and say goodbye to Don not before promising to visit before we leave. As we walk back to the car Charlie opens my door for me and I climb in. 

'Where to m'lady' he asked as I giggled at his words. 

'The Lake?' I asked as we began driving down the road heading towards the Lake. After about 30 minutes we arrived at our destination and got out of the car. 

'Wow' Charlie explained as we parked the car and walked closer to the lake. 'This is magical' he exclaimed. 

'I know, I used to spend everyday here as a child when I came to visit my grandparents, it was my happy place' I explained 'come on' I pulled his hand and made our way over to the bank. 

I took off my clothes leaving me in just my bathing suit. 'When did you change into that' Charlie asked. ' This morning, I put it on under my clothes always do whenever I know I'm going swimming' I laughed jumping into the water. 

'come on then sunshine, jump in' I said to Charlie as he stripped off to his pants. 'INCOMING PRINCESS' Charlie screamed cannonballing into the river making my hair get wet. 

'CHARLIE, my hair is soaked' I laughed 

'Oh well, even more reason to do this' he smiled cheekily splashing me with water causing me to scream. We spent about 10 minutes splashing each other with water before moving over to the rocks. 

'It's so peaceful here' Charlie announced grabbing my hand and looking out into the water

'It's so peaceful here' Charlie announced grabbing my hand and looking out into the water. 'Lottie I need to ask you something' Charlie begins. 'I didn't properly do it the way I wanted to do it , I had been planning the situation in my head 100 times but somehow I just couldn't get the right words and when we met your grandparents the other day it just blurted out' Charlie started ' but I wanted to make it magical and romantic as best as I could and I know you said it's fine but here I am asking you right here on these rocks where we both are at our happiest right now. Will you be my girlfriend?' 

'Charlie, you didn't need to , I already told you it was okay and I said yes either way but yes ... I will be your girlfriend' I looked him in the eyes and kissed him. 

Charlie deepened the kiss and went to move on top of me , causing my leg to slip and us both end up in the water. After resurfacing we both looked at each other and laughed. 'Come on, it's getting late and I didn't realise' Charlie said getting out of the water. I quickly got changed and stole his jacket, Charlie looked at me 'what i'm cold' I looked back at him shrugging my shoulder. As we made our way back to the car hand in hand I looked up at him  mischievously ' race ya ' I shouted running off towards the car. Charlie following behind me but very slowly. 

As we got back to the car my phone buzzed with a notification

instagram : Charles_Gillespie : Thank you for being you <3  tagged: Lottiex 

I looked up at Charlie smiling and kissed his cheek as we got back into the car and made our way back to my grandparents house. As we pulled up into the drive Jake was stood out the front. 

'I need to talk to you ... I may have fucked up' He looked at me with panic in his face. 

'Jake what are you talking about?' I asked getting out of the car. 

Suddenly Savannah appeared with a look on her face that was unreadable  'Lottie, when were you going to tell me you are April-Rose' 

I looked at Charlie and Jake before looking back at Savannah but all that was running through my head was ... 

FUCK!!! 

{A/N Hi guys! WOW its 31st December, last day of 2020 ! Thank you so much to everyone who has read my story so far and supported me since I started writing this story. I really hope you are all enjoying it so far. This will be the last update for 2020 however don't worry for 2021 I will be back updating! I want to say a very happy new year to all my readers old and new and I love you all lots. 

HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS XOXOX }