Fifty One | Taste

A lady comes toward us and Killian tells her what he's looking for. I walk around, looking at the different pieces of jewelry set out for display as Killian walks away with the woman. Minutes later, I walk over to the counter and pay for a couple of necklaces and rings. The sales person hands me my card and I thank him as he hands me my purchases. Turning around, my eyes roam around, searching for Killian. I sigh in relief when I see him making his way over to me.

"Close your eyes."

"Why?"

"Baby, just close your eyes." He sighs.

I give him a confused look, eyeing him suspiciously before finally closing my eyes. I feel a hand grab my wrist and gasp. "I will kill you if you propose to me in here!"

"Don't worry." He chuckles lightly, slipping something on my wrist then I hear a lock. "Okay, you can open your eyes now."

I quickly open my eyes and look down to see a bracelet; the Cartier love bracelet on my wrist. I avert my gaze to Killian to see a little smirk tugging at his lips as he keeps the little screwdriver in his pocket before handing me a small bag. I reach inside, taking out a small box. I proceed to open it, my breath hitching when I see what's inside.

It's a silver band ring with a beautiful ruby, with a half circle of little diamonds around it. Squealing, I take it out of the box and take a close look, admiring its beauty then I freeze. At the band of the ring lies the word 'ملكتي.'

I stare at him, blinking furiously. "My queen?"

"Do you like it?"

"Of course, I like it!" I whisper-yell, wiping a stray tear from my cheek before quickly slipping it on and showing him.. "Baby, it's beautiful! Thank you!"

He chuckles, lifting my hand up and places a gentle kiss at the top, a glint of amusement in his eyes. I squeal and lean over to kiss him before engulfing him into a bone crushing hug. "I hope you know I'm gonna wear these all the time. This beats your whole closet."

"Hopefully, you'll be this excited when I actually propose." He laughs.

"Oh, because you actually plan to?" I joke.

"We'll see."

"What's that supposed to mean? B—"

He pulls me into a quick kiss before pulling back. "It means you're going to have to convince me if you want that rock." He shrugs, clearly amused.

"You know what? You're lucky I'm in a good mood."

He lets out a laugh, placing a kiss to my forehead before reaching for the bag in my hand and leading me towards the exit. He opens the door and we come face to face with a hoard of reporters with their cameras raised at us. I hold onto Killian's arm and bring my free hand to cover my eyes from the flashlights as he leads me to the car, ignoring the questions thrown at us.

Killian POV

I watch Zahra play with the ring as we drive back home. I noticed she fumbles with it every once in a while, twirling it around her finger and smiling as she looks out the window. Sometimes I sit and think about what would have happened if I had not met her at that club. We have a bond that I never had in any of my previous relationships and to be completely honest, I don't think I'll have it with anyone else.

Zahra has me wrapped around her finger, ready to risk it all and she's not afraid of using it to her advantage. I'm always left speechless or counting the number of times I said fuck. Trident definitely needs to advertise that mouth!

As we arrive, I get out of the car and quickly make my way to the passenger's side, opening the door for Zahra. I hold out my hand, helping her as she steps down.

"Thank you." She smiles gently.

I nod, cradling her hands and leading her towards the house. "So you're not close with your family huh?" I ask curiously.

"Where's this coming from?"

"Baby, relax, I was just asking. Damn."

"I am relaxed." She replies, her expression turning into a slight frown. I tilt my head, giving her a knowing look. "My mom's family were not exactly supportive of her marrying my dad and it didn't end well." She explains as we walk towards the front door. "She only kept in contact with her sister, who I just remembered I have to call. My dad's family is nice though, we're close."

"I'm sorry."

"It's alright."

I pull her into my arms, my head resting in the crook of her neck. "What do you want me to make you tonight?"

"You do realize anything you make is alright with me, right?" She laughs.

"Okay, okay. Let's go."

<<·>> <<·>> <<·>>

Killian places a plate of tacos in front of me before settling in the seat opposite mine. I reach for the taco and take a bite only to let out a moan at how good it is. He chuckles, taking a bite of his own.

"So I figured, you'll probably move if you sign with a new team." He hums as he takes another bite and I continue. "Do you have a clue on where? I kinda want to start looking into houses."

"Do you really want to move?"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Everything...literally your whole life, is back in Miami. I know we can always find a way and it shouldn't be a problem but is it what you really want? I don't want you to feel rushed or uncomfortable."

I stay quiet for a moment, thinking about what he just said before leaving my seat and moving around the table, coming to stand in front of him. "There's not a single moment where I've ever felt uncomfortable or where you did not treat me like a princess so d—"

"I treat you like a fucking a queen." He cuts in, amusement clear in his voice. I shake my head and lean in to kiss him, feeling him smile lightly against my lips.

"We're moving in together."

"Did I ever tell you how much I love you?"

"Yeah, but you can try again."

Killian nods, grinning as he finishes the last bit of his taco before standing up. He scoops me into his arms, carrying me bridal style, purposely ignoring my protests.

"I didn't even finish my taco!" I laugh as he walks up the stairs.

"You'll finish it later."