Never Mind

(Alasor POV)

For the first time in nearly two weeks, Angel was at dinner with us. The table was awkwardly quiet.
"So," Charlie started, "Where have you been Angel? Haven't seen you in a while."
"None ya business, toots."
"Oh. Okay. I just hope you're doing okay." She smiled awkwardly and continued her meal, and Angel huffed her off.
"No need to be rude Angel." I said.
"Oh yeah?" Angel sat upright with a challenging tone. "Well, you ain't the boss of me Al, so shut the fuck up, 'kay?" I just stared him down until he shrunk back down to finish eating. I glanced around everyone at the table and made a head nod to the left, signifying that they should leave soon. They all took the hint, even Nifty, and left a few at a time. Soon it was just Angel and I.

He got up to leave as well, but I grabbed one of his wrists, which made him jump back. "What do you want with me?" His tone was now cautious, and there was a hint of fear.
"I want to know that you're doing okay. You keep leaving the hotel early and coming home late."
"Like I said, it's none of ya business." He yanked his hand back to him.
"But, Angel I- I saw you. In your room. The other night. You looked so hurt, physically and emotionally. I need to know that you're alright."
"The fuck do you care? And how'd you see me?! The entire hotel was dead silent, I woulda heard your static."
"I-I-," I was hesitant, do I tell him? Yes. " I was in my office that night. I used my shadow. It doesn't make any noise and it slipped into your room. You were crying, Fat Nuggets sounds so concerned and-."
"YOU WERE SPYING ON ME?!?"
"That's the only time I've ever done it. But yes."
"WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK YOU CREEP! DO YOU KNOW WHAT BOUNDARIES ARE?!?"
"Angel I was fed up of you leaving all the time, I-."
"OH YOU WERE FED UP? I'M PISSED OFF THAT APPARENTLY I CANT HAVE ANY PRIVACY ANYMORE!!"
He turned away and started to head to his room.
"Angel, I, I was worried about you..."
"Oh fuck off you radio creep."