chapter 29

The gunshot echos in the small room. Daiyu opens her eyes.

"You did it! Good job Daiyu!" Shotaro claps and cheers for Daiyu easing her tenseness. She joins him in jumping up and down.

After a few more practice rounds. Shotaro could conclude that she could protect herself with a gun.

"Thank you Taro." Daiyu says while they cleaned up the area.

"For what? I didn't do much." Shotaro says.

"I never would've thought I could touch a gun without breaking down but thank you." Daiyu smiled at Shotaro.
"I'm gonna go now bye bye!" Daiyu waved Shotaro goodbye proceeding to walk off until Shotaro grabbed her wrist.

"Wait where are you going let's go together!" Daiyu looked at him strangely.
"Uh... yea whatever you want." Daiyu quickly left the room and Shotaro went after her.

Daiyu was seated on the table with her notebooks studying

Daiyu was seated on the table with her notebooks studying. Shotaro had sat next to her staring at her.
Daiyu turned her head and made eye contact with Shotaro.

"What are you looking at? Lower your eyes." Daiyu said harshly.

"What I just wanna look at what your studying." He diverted his eyes away from her and looked at the notebook.
"Japanese? Do you want me to help?" Shotaro suggested.

"I'm just trying to figure out what Aishteru means since you won't tell me." Daiyu says. Shotaro smiles after remember she doesn't know what it means.

"What's your favorite phrase in Chinese?" Shotaro ask ignoring her last statement.

"My favorite phrase? I don't have one." Daiyu thought about it for a second.

"Wǒ ài nǐ is a pretty phrase."

"What does it mean?" Shotaro ask.

"Not until you tell me what Aishteru means!"

"Never mind..." Daiyu rolls her eyes and looks back down at her notebook.
Coincidentally Yuta happened to walk by.

"Yuta!!" Daiyu calls.

"Yea what's up?"

Shotaros eyes widen already knowing she would ask him.
"I'll tell you i'll tell you!" Shotaro said desperately trying to shoo Yuta away.

"No you liar, you just said you wouldn't, Yuta what does Aishteru mean?"

"Aishteru? It means 'I love you.' why?" Yuta said. Shotaro widen his eyes at Yuta after he said that and Yuta just shrugged and walked away.

"All it meant was I love you what's the big deal about it." Daiyu laughed at Shotaro and looked back down at her notebook. Realization struck her.

"Daiyu, Aishteru" = "Daiyu I love you"