Chapter 10 - Back To School.

All morning Mum had said nothing, since I arrived we barley spoke accept for the awkward small talk every now and again. Even the car journey on the way to school she said nothing. I stepped out of the car and looked around, the yard was empty.
"Why are we this early?" I asked.
"I have a meeting with Vaughen and I don't want you walking alone," Mum said, I followed her into the school where there was still nobody.
"What am I going to do now?" I asked, running a little to keep up with her. I had a huge head ache and to make things worse I had a huge bruise and scab on my face.
"You can come to the staff room, Justin probably wont be there if you're wondering - he's trusted to walk to school," She sighed. I looked at her, 'trusted'? How come I wasn't trusted, the woman barley knows me. She opened the staff room door and nobody was in.
"This is great," I smirked, taking a seat where I sat yesterday.
"Don't worry, people will be arriving soon," Mum insisted.
"I'm not," I muttered under my breath.
"What do you want to eat?" She quickly asked.
"Nothing I'm fine," I lied, she was clearly to busy to have time for me.
"Good I'll see you later," She shouted, walking back out the staff room, bumping into someone on the way.
"Sinead! We weren't expecting you back today," Mrs Mulgrew gasped.
"Had nothing else to do," I whisperd, sitting back into the chair.
"You gave us all a very big shock yesterday and Lisa is being sevearly punished," Mrs reminded me.
"She deserves it, phsyco," I mumbled. Mrs Mulgrew poured herself a cup of tea and came and sat beside me.
"How's it going with your Mum?" She asked.
"I don't know, she's hardly spoke to me and it's ovious she doesn't want me here. That's probably why she gave me up in the first place," I sighed, feeling sorry for myself.
"She's a funny character, I can't get my head around her," She replied and I raised my eyebrows and nodded my head in agreement. "Do you want to hear a funny story? On her first day here I found out she had never been deputy head before, which I though was unusual for Mr Fizgerald to chose someone so inexperienced. Anyway I was sat over there and we were all talking about that and I said something along the lines of 'How old is she, 12?' And Maggie started to laugh and someone behind me said 'I'm 32 actually'. I was honestly so embarrassed," She laughed and I laughed too.
"She's 32?" I whispered to myself.
"Wait, you didn't know?" Mrs asked with a concerned look on her face. I shook my head.
"I think I just get in the way, she's 32. She doesn't have time for a teenage daughter," I sighed, placing my head in my hands.
"I can't leave you in here on your own, do you want to come to tutor now or?" Mrs offered.
"I'l come to tutor," I decided and followed her out the door.

"Have you spoke to your Grandmother since you've been here?" Mrs asked.
"No, I promised I would ring as soon as I could but I don't have a mobile and calls abroad are expensive," I moaned.
"Do you want to call her?" Mrs smiled, passing me her phone.
"You'd do that?" I beamed since I missed everyone in Spain so much. Mrs nodded and I hunted around my bag for the number on the back of an envilope with emergancy money in. I grabbed Mrs Mulgrew's phone and she sat at her desk while I stood in front of her. I typed the number into the keypad of the phone, double triple checking that I wrote the right number down. I pressed the little button with a green phone and waited.

*Phone Call*

Joyce: Hello, how can I help?
Sinead: Grandma, it's me Sinead!
Joyce: Sinead! How are you?
Sinead: I'm okay, how are you? How is everyone?
Joyce: I'm good, they're good. We're all missing you, even the customers are missing your singing.
Sinead: I'm missing you all so much.
Joyce: How's England, your Mother?
Sinead: It's Scotland Grandma but she's doing good.
Joyce: Was she suprised to see you?
Sinead: Yes and in a good way.
Joyce: What do you mean?
Sinead: She's been so lovley and she really cares.
Joyce: So nothing bad to report?
Sinead: Everything's great.
Joyce: Does your Mother still hate me?
Sinead: She's not said anything so I think so.
Joyce: Fabulous, she'll come crawling back at some point.
Sinead: I'm going to have to go, I'm ringing from a teachers phone and it's going to cost her loads.
Joyce: Ring back soon, okay? Behave and enjoy, we're all missing you and love you!
Sinead: Give everyone my love!

*Phone Call*

I thanked Mrs Mulgrew a thousand times for letting me use her phone and I even offered to pay for the phone calls, she said it was fine and I didn't need to give her any money but I owed her a favour. That's perfectly acceptable. I was starting to wonder why Mum didn't appear to like Mrs Mulgrew much, from what I seen she's a very lovley person who I liked alot. She had made my day and I couldn't thank her enough, even though Spain had no oppertunitys for me I missed it alot, I'd moved out of where I lived and into a strange place where there was alot of horrible people. Suppose I had to get use to it.