Chapter 15 - Regret.

Justin must have dozed off afterwards, I turned over to get up and put some clothes on. I pulled a vest top and wooly pj bottoms on. The door clicked downstairs and female voices were laughing.
"Justin," I hissed, shaking him. "Justin wake up,"
"What?" Justin moaned, rolling over.
"They're home, Mum and Mulgrew and McFall," I hissed. Justin jumped out of bed and pulled his clothes on and he had a panaked look in his eye.
"Sinead," Someone shouted at the bottom of the stairs. We turned and looked at eachother in deep silence. Slowly, heavy feet began walking up the stairs.
"Sinead," They shouted again and their voice was much closer to the door.
"I'll get out the window," He whispered, opening the window wide and stepping onto the drain pipe putside.
"Be careful," I whispered and closed the window behind him and drawing the curtains.
"Yes?" I asked, opening my bedroom door. It was Mrs Mulgrew who was approaching the top of the stairs.
"I just came to check you're alright," She asked, walking into my bedroom.
"I'm fine," I smiled, straightening the duvet up and peering out of the bedroom window. Justin was gone so I assumed he got down safely without falling.
"What have you been upto?" She curiously asked, checking out my desk. I was nervous because that's where I put all of Bonnie's books that I'd be copying out of.
"When?" I asked which made me sound guilty as sin.
"While you were alone?" She quickly replied.
"Just homework," I smiled, sitting on the edge of my bed.
"You know what's funny?" Mrs Mulgrew began, "I can smell a certain male aftershave, freshly in the air," I froze, how did she actually know?
"Can you?" I laughed, pretending to think she was joking.
"Justin, maybe?" She said, smelling the air inbetween the words 'Justin' and 'maybe'.
"Mrs Mulgrew, I don't know what you're talking about," I lied.
"You're fooling nobody," She smirked standing up from beside me on the bed. "Don't worry, your secrets safe with me," She smiled, tapping her nose with her finger. I smiled back at her and did a huge sigh when she closed the door.

I woke up for school the mext morning, I closed the door when I went to bed and now when I woke up it was slightly a jar.
"Sinead, breakfast," Mum shouted up the stairs. I slumped out of bed and pulled my dressing gown, which was white and light pink, from the back of my door then traisped down the stairs. Mum wasn't in the kitchen, but the back door was open. I picked up the slice of jam toast that was on the counted, beside a cup of tea. I nibbled the toast and slowly sipped the sweet tea then placed both of the dishes on the sink. The house was very quiet and I was nervous to see Justin today. In the bathroom I brushed my teeth, washed my face, platted my hair into two french plats down the side of my head and put my makeup on. I wore a pair of black jeans, with my school blouse, tie and blazer. I packed my school bag and headed down the stairs. Mum was already ready by the time I got downstairs, she was sitting on the settee with a empty cup in her hand while watching the news.
"Are you ready?" She asked.
"Yes," I replied. Mum stood up and walking into the kitchen, putting her cup into the sink and opening the fridge.
"This is for you," She smiled, handing me a sandwhich and a pink bottle which was full.
"Thanks," I smiled, I think she guessed I wasn't too keen on the canteen food. Mum locked the back door and hung the key up on a hook with the rest of her keys. She picked the car keys up and got her hand bag from the coat rack under neith the stairs. The car was parked on the drive way, I got and sat inside while Mum locked the front door before she came and sat beside me.
"There's a new boy starting today, I can't remember his name," She muttered, I didn't know whether she was talking to herself or not. A few moments later she turned to me.
"You look pale," She inwardly said.
"Got a bit of a headache, it'll pass don't worry," I explained.
"I wasn't," She smirked, that was one of her comments when I didn't know if she was being serious or not. I laughed a little just to show her I wasn't bothered.