Drifter x Reader

I love him so much...I'm such a simp for him...
Warnings?:
*
*
*
Europa wasn't the most ideal area, I always loved walking the line between light and dark but did it have to be so damn cold? I am sitting at the small fire at the camp Eris, The Stranger, Myself,The Drifter, and any guardians who pass through looking to learn more about the darkness are living at for the moment. I haven't been a working guardian for some time now, I lost my fire team and barely made it out with my ghost and my life so I quit working for the vanguard,and joined the Drifter's plan for Gambit, helping with his twisted reality that guardians are all over. I decided to use the darkness instead of the light similar to the drifter and the stranger, my ghost seems to be okay with this after seeing everything that happened with my fire teams. I take a quick breathe the cold air seeming to stab me from the outside in. The Drifter walks over to me and ruffles my hair, I giggle and he moves his hand from my hair to my cheek letting my lean my head into his palm, I love when he does stuff like this. "Hey, I'm goin on a little investigation of the area around us, wanna come?" I smile at his request and stand up "I'd love to." He smiles, and we walk over to his sparrow. He brushes off a layer of snow and kicks it lightly to make sure it will actually run. "Well hot shot, then off we go." He gets on, and holds his hand out to me helping me sit down behind him,my arms wrapped around his waist. "Wow you're really warm." I laugh this out. He chuckles "Thanks sugar, just make sure you stay warm enough, it'd be a damn shame if you got hurt." (He totally would do cute names like that leave me alone it's my head canon for my rat man) He starts the engine and we begin to speed off through the snow into an area we've yet to see.The wind from the speeding sparrow was cold against my face,making me bury my cheek against his back as we drive through the deserted ice cover moon. He moves one of his hands to rub my hand a bit, "You really ain't used to this." I nod at his remark and he continues to hold onto my hand while driving the sparrow. We make it to the area we are patrolling after a short drive and we both get off the sparrow, and grab our weapons. Drifter adjusts his mask and cloak, wiping the snow off of himself and putting his hood back up, then he walks over to me and adjusts my scarf making sure I can stay warm, moving my hood, and brushing the snow off my clothes. I giggle, he never does stuff like this. "Drift? What's all this about?" I ask this confused by his worry. He laughs a bit and holds my face in his hands. "I'm worried 'bout you Y/N." I kiss his forehead and he lets go of me. "I'm okay, I promise" He nods and we both begin treading through the thick snow, I notice a few snowflakes beginning to to come down, it was beautiful for a bit, then almost as soon as I thought that it started becoming heavy, and it came down hard. I moved close to Drifter, knowing if we separate for a second we won't see each other due to the snow being so heavy making it so we couldn't even see a foot in front of us. "Damn it." He curses under his breath when we both realize we are in an area we've never been, in a blizzard, with no real way out, only to find out this place is practically empty other than a few caves, but nothing relating to the darkness. The snow falls faster,the wind picks up and I stop for a bit and look around, this planet is so unpredictable with the snow. I realize Drifter left my side and I felt panic begin to settle in. "Drifter?! Drift?!" The anxiety in my voice coming through as I call this. I try to look around but the snow covering my eyelashes becomes heavier, making it impossible to see. I hear heavy footsteps rushing to me. "Hey, Hey, I'm here darling, I'm here." I hear the gruff voice of the Drifter say as he holds my shoulders reassuringly. I let out a sigh of relief and I feel him pick me up carefully and gently wipe the snow off my face and I open my eyes and look into his grey eyes, he looks worried for me. I grab onto his coat and he holds me closer, he begins to move through the snow with me. He finds a cave and he sends his ghost out as a flash light, it was deep but it was untouched by the snow, just cold rock.  "I'm gonna put you down sweetheart,alright." He says this with a softness in his voice I've never heard before. "Okay." He places me down and he sits down next to me, using his abilities to make a fire for us. I move closer to him and lay my head on his lap. He runs his fingers through my hair and this gets the snow out. I keep thinking about how warm he is and I move myself into his lap and just hold him. He laughs at this and just holds me "easy there killer, it's alright your ghost will keep you up and running." I nod and just rest against him, for the first time in a long time I felt warm and like everything was okay. My ghost appears at my side and scans the area. "I'll send a message to the stranger informing her about what happened, the blizzard is gonna be going on for a bit though." My ghost says this and I nod. I play with the jade snake necklace that the drifter always wears, the stone freezing against my hands. He looks down at me and just smiles. "What're you smiling about?" I ask this as I move so I was sitting next to him with his arm around my waist. "I never thought I'd get close to anyone again, and if you told me I'd get the most beautiful girl about hundred or so years ago I'd think you were jokin" I giggle at him being all sentimental and I just cuddle closer to him. "The only way I'd leave you is if I die" he lays his head on top of mine and he watches the fire. "No way in hell am I gonna let that happen anyway." I smile and hold his hand. "I know." A few hours pass as we wait for the storm to stop, I ended up falling asleep about an hour into being trapped. I wake up to being picked up, I rub my eyes and look up at the drifter as he is placing me gently on the sparrow. "Morning princess." I blush at the nickname and smile "Thank god the snow stopped." He nods "let's get back home." He gets on the sparrow and he begins driving us back to our home at the camp in the Beyond.
*
*
*
Authors note: you know the vine of I love you *guitar strum* bitch I ain't never gonna stop loving you *guitar strum* bitch? That's me with the drifter. Happy New Years everyone, thank god that dumpster fire of a year is over, and wow this chapter was really long, expect more longer chapters!!
Word count: 1302