Drifter × Reader (Vent)

A/N: Yes,another vent it's been quite a week even though it's only Tuesday.
Warning(s): Depressive thoughts.
*
*
*
I feel my body get shot by the invader,I couldn't get them in time and now if we lose it will be my fault. My ghost works on reviving me due to my teammates not caring about me dying. I come back to life and take a deep breathe, I'll never get to used to being revived. Ghost looks at me and turns it's body as though it was his head in curiosity. "Are you alright Y/N?" I nod and refill my ammo while my ghost disappears back into my body and I run at the Primeval. I try to get some of it's health down but before I can do much I hear the voice of the drifter echo through the area. "Enimies' killed their primeval,good luck next round." I take a deep breath and ghost comes back out while my teammates go into their ships. ". . .take me to tower ghost. . ." He teleports both of us into my ship and I fly us back to tower. "See you lost again,it's because you suck,he only loves you out of pity and boredom." I keep all my attention on flying ignoring my ghost completely as tears brim at the ends of my eyes,threatening to fall. "You're shit at gambit and being a guardian,why do you even bother anymore?" I land the ship in the Anex and sit there for a bit. As ghost was about to say something I leave the ship and begin to walk through the dark halls of the Anex. I make it to the room the drifter occupies but I wait before entering. I stand there for a bit and make sure I look presentable and that I don't have any tears around my eyes anymore. I take a deep breath but before I can walk fully in drifter sees me first. "Hey there,you did good." I walk in and give him a weak smile "but I lost." He shrugs "You carried your team though." "You know damn well he doesn't mean that,he just feels bad for you." The thoughts I've been having seem to be tearing me apart and breaking me down. I look away from him and at the floor so I do not have to make eye contact with him. I feel his eyes burning me and I feel tears threatening to fall but I try my best to make sure it isn't obvious. "Hey,what's wrong?" I shake my head and back away from him. He grabs my arm and pulls me into his embrace. "It's okay,I won't ask but I'm here hotshot." I grip onto his back and cry into his chest. I didn't know how much I needed him to say that right now. He sways us a little,for a man with a dark past who has basically been on the run his whole life he is a sweet heart to me. He careful rubs my back as he sways us to try and calm me down,it works and after a while my tears dry and I just sniffle a little bit. "I don't know what might be goin on in that brain of yours but I know damn well that whatever it is isn't true." I look into his eyes and I see his worried expression,he really does care about me. He kisses my forehead and I feel his beard tickle my face,I giggle a bit and he smiles,happy to see that I am not as sad anymore.
*
*
*
A/N: I've been super sad and writer's block hit me like a train so sorry that this is short. I feel like everyone is a little sad with the whole quarantine thing but still. Drifter is a great comfort character for me personal.
Word count: 634