Danger Days: The True Lives Of The Fabulous Killjoys Chapter 2

Mikey's POV

"Mikey wake up!"

I was aware, in my sleep dazed state, that Gerard was shaking me. Urgh....... Was this some sort of prank? I sat up rubbing my eyes. "Don't say my real name. What if Korse has this place bugged, huh?"

I looked into Gerard's terrified eyes, and somehow I knew this was more than some little joke. "Kobra you won't believe this. Dr. Death Defying spotted it first."

"Spotted what?" Whatever was going on, it sure was serious. I'd never seen Gerard this frightened since BL/ind captured him. I shuddered as I remembered the terrible things they'd done to my brother.

"Just look out of the window man."

I staggered to the window and pulled the dusty blinds back cautiously. What I saw almost made my jaw hit the floor.

Out in the distance, I could see a fire. In the middle of the zones? What the Hell was going on? My blood chilled as I realised what that fire might mean.

Dracs.

So close to our base? Now that was something to be worried about. I immediately sprang into action, grabbing my laser gun and strapping it to my waist. Thank god we slept in our clothes (we were expecting danger to find us at all hours).

I quickly walked from our room, grabbing my " good luck" helmet and putting it on my head. "Where are the others?" I questioned. "Already in the car. Come on!"

I raced outside, getting in the back of our battered old motor. Gerard practically jumped in the front, and slammed his foot on the gas. I was smacked against the back of my seat as the car jumped forwards, cutting through the desert night like a bullet. "Masks on," I reminded everyone. I looked at Grace, who was sat on Ray's lap. She had no mask, but she didn't need one. Everyone knew who she was.

We neared the carnage and I peered forwards. It looks like a whole lot of Dracs were getting back into cars and driving away. Even Korse! They drove away into the distance, thankfully not noticing us. I turned my attention back to the fires. It was insane. There were massive flaming Craters in the ground, and it was obvious BL/ind had been trying to bomb someone.

Right in the middle of it all, lay a pile of dirty white rags. WTF? Gerard pulled the car to a stop and we all jumped out, laser guns in hand. Gerard immediately fell into "Leader" mode. "Jet Star, scoop out the north and west perimeters. Fun Ghoul, the east and south. Grace, drive the car around and look out for company. Honk twice if anything happens."

Everyone immediately followed his command without question. He looked up. "Kobe, stay with me."

We walked forwards slowly, guns held high and ready. Gerard noticed a ghosted Drac and went over to search him. I stood somewhere in the middle, feeling slightly lost.

Suddenly, I noticed a flash of White behind Gee. "Party Poison look out!" Gee spun around to face a Drac. Thinking fast, i aimed and fired. The Drac was sent flying off his feet, and hit the ground dead. PP smiled. "Thanks Kobra Kid."

He continued his search and I walked forwards, scanning the desert floor for something that might tell us what happened here. I came across the pile of rags I'd seen in the car. Walking closer, I almost dropped my gun in shock.

"POISON GET OVER HERE!" I yelled, dropping to my knees in front of what I now realised was a person. Gerard came over, but didn't fall to his knees to help. He had his gun pointed at this poor person warily, and his face went tense.

I ignored this and rolled the person over. It was a girl, who looked to be in about her mid twenties. She'd been stabbed and shot, but the laboured rise and fall of her chest told me she was alive, for now. Gerard's gun was still aimed at her head. "For-goodness sake