Decimation-6

You climb to the top of the east gate to meet your foe. The community scrambles behind you to get to their respective cars, terrified for the lives of their family and friends. Cia stands waiting for you at the top, though she stares at the approaching enemy.

Cia: They're almost here.

You: Good.

You reach the top and stand next to her.

You: Go get in your car.

Cia: I don't know which one that is.

You: With your family or friends.

Cia: Y/N, you know I don't have a family. I don't really have friends either.

You: Then ride in ours. We have a free seat.

Cia: Ok.

She stands ready next to you.

You: What did I say?

Cia: Hm?

You: Go to your car.

Cia: You're going to stay up here by yourself.

You smile.

You: I'll be fine.

Cia: What if they try something.

You: Then they do. Not much you could do to stop them anyway.

Cia: Ok. Good luck, sir. Don't die.

You: I'll try my best.

You step aside and let her leave. To the left, you can see people hiding amongst the trees. To the right, you can see some people hiding in run-down houses outside your community's walls. They've got you surrounded. You can't help but let a grin appear on your face. You flick the tiny metal thing in your hand—an anxious tick, ready to get started.

Mack: Where is she, Y/N?!

The leader of Citadel decided to lead the charge. You wish it was Three, but oh well.

You: Whatever could you mean?

You shout back down to him. He stops not too far from the gate, but right where you wanted him. He stands in the middle of the road on top of the leaves, twigs, and whatever else has amassed on it.

Mack: You know what I mean. Bring her out.

You: Oh, you mean Ara.

You fake a surprised reaction just to be a dick.

You: I could bring her out if you wanted, but you'll be in here soon anyway. You'll find her where I left her.

Mack: What did you do?

You: Are you accusing me of something?

You put your hand over your heart and take a step back, careful not to hurt yourself with what you're holding.

You: I wouldn't hurt a fly.

Mack: You're crazy.

You: Huh. Maybe.

Mack: Surrender, and we'll let the members of your community live.

You: As prisoners or slaves?

Mack: They will live.

You: What about me?

Mack: You and your leaders will be executed.

You: Ugh, see, that doesn't work for me.

You flick the tiny thing in your hand in anticipation. When the opportunity arises, they're dead. All... How many are there? You roughly guess it's forty people. You might not get them all, but they'll be injured.