Marinus-26

Your POV...

You're on the roof. You bend down to help Marina the rest of the way up and then shut the hatch behind her. It's covered in snow, and you're now glad that you bundled up when exploring. The wind stings your cheeks and nose, but it's much better than your whole body being frozen solid by the air and endless barrage of wind. Your glove on your right hand has its ring finger being pushed around.

Brooklyn: Here.

She hands you a rifle, and you inch your way toward the edge, keeping low. You don't want to get spotted until you're already killing them. You can see Clementine a ways away. Even from far away, she's the most beautiful person you've ever seen. And by the way she's standing, you can tell that she's in a pissed off mood. Good.

You: Brooklyn, can I have the walkie?

Brooklyn: Yeah.

She grabs it and tosses it to you.

You: Hey, honey.

You whisper. You can see her reach behind her to grab the radio.

Clem: Hi.

You: We're up on the roof.

Clem: I can see you.

You look down at the people below you. Sebastian is in the group, and there are about thirty or so people.

You: This isn't all of them. They'll have reinforcements coming.

Clem: Then we have to deal with them quickly and reposition.

You: Yep, that's exactly what I was thinking. But, could we leave Sebastian alive? I'd like to have a few words with him.

Clem: Fine with me.

Usually, she wouldn't approve of that, but she agrees with you on this one. You can see her telling people around her.

You: Stay alive, will ya?

Clem: More worried about you.

You: I'm tough; I can handle it.

Brooklyn: You two about done?

Brooklyn settles beside you and gives you a look that says hurry up.

You: See you in a few minutes.

Clem: You better.

You hand the radio back to Brooklyn.

Brooklyn: So we're taking Sebastian alive?

You: Yeah.

Marina: We're killing the rest?

You: Correct.

Brooklyn: We're taking the first shots. Once we have, our people will start, and this'll be over in just a few seconds. Without any casualties as well, hopefully.

You: Marina, would you like to do the honors?

Marina: Huh? Oh, uh... I don't know.

You: You don't have to. Just aim for Sebastian's legs or something.

Marina: Ok.

She holds up a pistol she took from their armory and looks down the top of it, lining up her shot. After a deep breath and a few moments, she shoots, and it all starts. You fire only four times before it's all over. They're all dead in a matter of seconds without any of them knowing what happened. The only thing that can be heard now is Sebastian's screams from under the bodies that fell on top of him.

You: Nice shot.

You put your hand on Marina's shoulder and set your rifle down, resting it against the little barrier around the top of the roof.