47: Huggable

Honestly, I didn't know what his mother was talking about.

Does he have more cactuses?

Pablo and Mitch bought them as we did?

I'm trying to remember his house, and even when I remember several plants, especially in the backyard, the truth is that I don't remember more than three cactuses and I don't care about it, but then, at the end of the day, the sun is hiding, and I had the instinct of thinking it's time to go home.

Then I remembered, we didn't have anywhere to go, well, actually we did. Each one in our parents' house, that's how it was planned, we were going to be together just on the trip, and I kind of chickened out, I decided to stay here.

Where were we to stay tonight?

"Scott, are you coming?" My father asked. I looked at him and I noticed they were thinking the same. Mitch hugs me slightly.

"Go home, I have to have a long conversation with my parents and I know you have to do the same."

"Okay... are we having breakfast together?"

He frowned a bit, but not in a mad way, but the kid way.

"My back is completely wrecked to wake up early, what if we go out for breakfast?"

"At what time?"

"mmm... late."

"10 a.m. it's my last offer," I say all serious because his Mexican way of life makes him able to sleep until 12 p.m. and have breakfast till 1 or 2 p.m.

He made a funny face. He looked so huggable and kissable.

"Okay... I kinda hate you tho..." He says and I give him little kisses, one on the forehead and the other on the lips.

Our parents and her sister said goodbye, Jess actually is using her own car to go home because she lives in Puebla, and we still have to drive to get to Chipilo.

"I knew you were going to fall again." My mom said putting on the safety belt. "Honestly, I don't know why Mike and Nel asked you to take care of him in the first place. They didn't even ask us first."

"Mom, it's okay, we are okay. We are a couple now. We are happy."

"Because Pablo died." My father said. "And it's so soon, not even a year. Is he sure? Is he ready?"

"I know that." They didn't have to say it. I know my own demons.

My demons are big, but my hope is bigger.

Maybe I'm being naive, but also, I'm honest.

My hope is that Mitch will love me for it.