40: Ham

Mitch didn't want to talk about it but I still felt like crap until I forced him to do it.

It was while he was cooking breakfast, a simple ham omelet.

"I told you, I already forgave you."

"But why? Why aren't you mad at me? I did something horrible."

"You didn't, you told me the truth." He said turning on the mixer, he was doing some salsa picante for later. "And you didn't even know him, it was a hook-up in a bar, I know the difference between sex and love, and I know you love me, I know you did it because we are not having sex, and of course, it hurts. Of course, it hurts me but I don't want to be egoistic, I can't, right now, fulfill you in that way, so if you want to have sex with somebody else you are allowed." He put a plate in front of me.

"Even if you say so I still feel like crap."

"It feels like that, at the beginning. After the first couple of times, you get used to it." He says sitting with his own omelet.

He started playing with his food, which wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either, Mitch just started to gain weight again I didn't want to make him sad or anything but I guess I needed him to say it. 

"Faithfulness... It would be cool, not gonna lie, but I need something else too, and you are giving me all that." He said smiling a little. "I love you."

I love you.

He said I love you.

Finally, he said it and I was so happy I could cry.