Prologue

"NO, PLEASE NO!" I begged. "MY DAD IS INSIDE! YOU CAN'T DO THIS! I BEG YOU!" My voice begun to crack from the emotions I felt.

Surrounded by people yet nobody cared. It was as if I was completely invisible.

"Scout the area and check if anyone has survived. If you see anyone alive, eliminate them." The woman ordered.

She was wearing an expensive outfit, crimson red heels and a fur coat.

She had a 16 year old girl on her knees, crying and begging for her to not kill her father. Did she care? Not one bit.

"Be quiet before I throw you in there to burn along with your father." She kneeled in front of me and grabbed my chin.

Her grip was strong.

"Please... save him." I whimpered

"It's too late now, dear." She smiled.

"Take her to the house." She stood up and ordered a guard.

"Let me go!" I tried to fight my way out of his grip with all my strength, but then what strength?

I cried and cried, but no one seemed to care.

Once I arrived at the house, they threw me into a room and locked the door. I was all alone, here, in this room and outside.

"Child, rise before me." The woman from earlier opened the door.

I wanted to yell at her, hit her, curse at her, yet nothing.

"Your father is gone now, and as far as I know, you don't have a mother either. That leaves you parentless and without a guardian." She kneeled down, smiling.

"How about I take you into my care in exchange for your abilities and life?" She waited for me to speak.

"Never." I spat at her fur coat.

"You got some audacity." She laughed.

"Listen here, brat. The only reason I am offering you this is because I pity you. No child deserves to go through such events like tonight just because of their stupid parent."

She's right. No child deserves this.

"I'll never forgive you for what you did to him." Tears build up.

"I don't need or want your forgiveness. All I need is your abilities, I've heard you're one of a kind, and seeing how you don't back down, I want that."

When people say 'don't dance with the devil', is this what they mean?