Chapter 11

10:40 AM

"Why not??" The strategy team leader argued back. "You would be perfect for this.

I sighed. "I'm not going there. It could potentially lead to distance and break of trust. Send one of your own, and I'll try to look through their rooms and find clues." I turned him down.

He's has been begging me all day to go to the meeting as a babysitter, but it is too risky.

"Let her be. We can just send someone else." Ms. Jeon jumped in.

"Great. Now go and prepare and I'll go back to singing the ABC."

"Another thing, we just got the word that not all of them will be there."

I groaned in frustration. "I'll just lace them with sleeping powder in their drink or something. I'll figure it out, I'm supposed to be at work now, goodbye." I hung up.

One of the most talented and skilled secret agents in the crime industry, Kim Y/n, is working at a kids center for her big secret mission. Singing with 3 year olds all day long. I should get paid more, but I don't.

"Linggg, how do you say 'tomato' in Chinese?"

Back to my undercover life as Ling, I can't say her life is as pathetic as mine, though. At least she's surrounded by trustworthy people, and she can let her guard down.

5:20 PM

"Drive safe, I'll see you next time, Lily." I smiled and waved. I'm originally done at work 5PM, but I can't leave until all the kids are picked up.

"How do people have energy to interact with other people after working with kids every day." I mumbled to myself.

"Ling? Is that you?" I turned around hearing a familiar voice. It was Hoshi and Seungcheol.

"Hoshi. Seungcheol. Hey, what are you guys doing around this area? It's quite far from the hotel." I gave them a half-smile, praying they'd go away. I am too tired for a conversation

"We wanted to check out a famous cafe. It's across from here. Do you work here?" He asked energetically.

Why is he always so energetic, sharing is caring.

"Yup, this is where I work." We started walking towards the hotel.

"You seem to have a lot of energy to be working with kids all day." Seungcheol gave me a glance.

"Not really, I usually use all my energy and even borrow extra energy, and then after, I'm practically just dead inside. It's fun but tiring at times."

"Well, what are you doing tonight? You're not working tomorrow, right?" Hoshi asked

"I'm free tomorrow and tonight. How come?" I asked.

Spill it, Hoshi. Please.

"Well, some of our members are going to a meeting, and the rest are staying back at the hotel. I was wondering if you wanted to join us? We're gonna order food, play games, and drink. Since the entire floor is rented out, we'll be loud, and you might be bothered." He smiled.

Oh God, thank you. Hoshi, oh Hoshi, the man you are. I love you.

"Of course, sure. Thank you for asking. If I'm being honest, I would just stay in my room and try to sleep so the time goes faster." I laughed

8:35 PM

The meeting started at 8 pm. I changed into pajamas and am making my way over to the room next door. The strategy team leader texted that all was well and they found a solution.