Chapter 15

A/n: The writing style will be changed, it'll be written in 3rd person view, and Y/n's inner thoughts will be written in cursive.

10:40 AM

The sun shone into their room, waking her up from her deep sleep. Last night went by a swift, leading them to sleep in the same room, in the same bed.

"Can you draw the curtains?" Y/n groaned and mumbled as she buried her face into the pillow.

No answer.

She groaned once again and reached out to the other side of the bed and patted to find it empty. She was alone, and nobody was lying beside her. Seungcheol had left early in the morning for a meeting, leaving her a note on the nightstand.

It read, 'I have to meet up with the members to discuss further planning. Your breakfast is on the kitchen counter.'

She sighed as she stood up. She picked her phone up and saw a message from Ms. Jeon. It was an update about the spy.

She quickly awakened and washed herself up.

"Ms. Jeon? Is it true?" She dialed Ms. Jeon's number as soon as she got dressed.

She has seen this coming. However, she didn't think it's happen this soon.

It had been revealed that the strategy team leader was the informer. Ever since Y/n was taken under Ms. Jeon's care, he has been holding a grudge. He was angry because his position was being threatened. He knew that he'd never be able to replace Ms. jeon if Y/n was in the picture. And he was right.

"Dear, yes. It is true, he confessed, and I believe some guards took care of him as I could not do it myself."

Has she been crying?

"It's unfortunate, but you had to do what needed to be done in order for everything else to work out for us." Y/n tried to comfort her, but what was the point. He got what he deserved.

"I warned him, he didn't listen. This is the consequence of his own actions. You should not be the one in distress."

As Y/n continued to comfort Ms. Jeon, she couldn't help but feel uneasy as this could result in Seungcheol doubting her and being skeptical of her.

"Y/n, this could put you in danger, so I suggest you be extra careful. If anything happens, let me know, and I'll be there."

She's not lying. Ms. Jeon would do anything for Y/n and her safety. Especially after she got put in line for the inheritance. There is no way Ms. Jeon could or would risk losing the one and only heir to her assets.

"Don't worry about me, I got everything under control here. I should go now," she paused. "You too be careful and stay safe." She hung up.

But she was lying. She didn't have anything under control. Not even herself or her feelings.

"You're awake?" Seungcheol entered the room

"Yeah, I woke up a while ago." Y/n stood up with a smile.

"How'd you sleep?" He said while undressing.

"Don't just undress without a warning. That's not cool!" Y/n turned around, frustrated closing her eyes.

"What? You've never seen a guy naked before? Besides, you've seen half of me before. What's wrong with seeing the other half and making it 100%?"

"Don't be absurd." She commented

Seungcheol laughed at her frustration and nervousness.

"You can look now, I'm done." She turned around, seeing him shirtless but in sweatpants.