Part 7

Not in text
Remus
Sirius
James
Lily
Peter

By the time Remus got his phone back from Peter it was time for him to leave to the Potters house for dinner. It bothered him that he only had five minutes to throw on some decent clothes instead of wearing the dirty hoodie and grass stained sweats from earlier. He slipped on some comfortable jeans and a Star wars t-shirt. He worried it was too casual for dinner. What if Sirius decided last minute to go to a restaurant instead of eating whatever concoction James whipped up?

Remus' hands tightened around the steering wheel of his car, his knuckles turning white. He took a deep breath. He needed to calm down. It was going to be fine. There is nothing to worry about. It's not like he's having dinner with Sirius and James' parents or anything. That would be awkward. 'Hi, I'm Remus and I have a crush on your son who I only just met formally two weeks ago. By the way, love the chicken.' Yeah, not his idea of fun.

"You'll be fine," Remus muttered to himself one last time before stepping out of the car and walking up the Potters sidewalk for what had to be the sixth time that week. He raised his hand to knock on the door when a scene flashed before his eyes.

Suddenly he was small again, maybe ten years old, and his hand was reaching up to push the sliver door bell. He could feel jitters bubbling in his stomach as he pressed the button. The door immediately swung open to reveal a beaming boy with black hair down to his shoulders. He was missing a tooth Remus noticed as the boy smiled so widely his eyes crinkled at the corners. "Remus!" The boy exclaimed as launched forward to hug him.

"Remus!" Lupin snapped back to reality at the sound of his name being called. He blinked twice. What was that? A memory of some sort? Maybe, the doctor did say he might experience some random flashbacks after his accident but he hadn't had one in months. Why here, at the potters house? There was nothing memory triggering about the place, it didn't make sense.

"Remus? You okay mate?" Sirius asked and poked his shoulder. Remus met Sirius' gaze. He was so caught up in his thoughts he didn't even realize Sirius had been the one to call his name. Black stood on the threshold of the door, a look of worry flashing across his features.

Remus forced a smiled. "Yeah, just lost in thought today I guess."

He only then took the time to admire Sirius' well put together appearance. His hair was in a bun, as per usual, and a clean paintbrush stuck out from it. His shirt was a simple plain black tee hidden beneath his typical leather jacket. Remus had to force himself to look away from where his black ripped jeans hung a little too loosely without a belt.

Remus cleared his throat feeling his cheeks flush slightly. "Uh, so um, can I come in?"

"Of course!" Sirius reached out and grabbed Remus' wrist, pulling him into the house and shutting the door behind them as they made they're way into the living room. Remus felt more comfortable in the Potters home than he probably should. It felt like he'd been coming there for years when really it had only been a few mere weeks.

"I hope you don't mind," Sirius started to say as they sat down on the couch. "but there was a last minute change and now--"

"Siri!" A higher pitched voice called out from the kitchen. "Get your brother to come down here and help with potatoes! He needs to come out his room every once and a while or he'll turn into a potato himself!"

"-we are eating with my parents." Beside Remus, Sirius groaned in annoyance. "Mom!" He called out. "We have company!"

Remus heard from the kitchen what had to be the sound of a pan dropping to the ground. A figure stepped into the living room, their eyes wide. The woman's hair was twisted into a bun, the apron she wore around her neck somehow spotless. Frantically she glanced between Sirius and him, as if she couldn't believe it.