CHAPTER TWELVE

"Can I please have a sweet, daddy?" Luna's tiny arm wraps around the back of Harry's leg. He looks down at her hazel eyes and places his hand on her small head. She keeps her lips sealed but blinks her eyes in a pleading way. Harry gives in and Luna picks a small lollipop and puts it on the counter on top of Harry's newspaper. He makes her say goodbye to the cashier as she was obviously flirting with him, and he was back.

Luna wraps her hand around Harry's index finger as they stroll on the snow covered pavement. Luna occasionally stops walking when she's staring at the shops but Harry drags her along.

"Daddy how long till school?" This was the most asked question by Luna, which Harry now gets annoyed of. "One year, baby. Then you'll be four." He mumbles back as he swerves from people swiftly walking past.

"When were you four daddy?" She asks as they finally reach the car. Harry places her in the car and he jogs to the drivers seat. He seems to have forgotten that his little girl asked a question.

"When mummy was four she had very pretty bows in her hair." Luna says as she stares out of the window. Harry knows that she's referring to a picture of Audrey as a little girl with her church attire on and a bow wrapped around her dark ponytail. He doesn't reply.

"Mummy is pretty" Luna says as she pops the lollipop out of her tiny mouth. Harry furrows his eyebrows and gazes the road. "Your mummy is the prettiest of all." He lies and grips his hands on the steering wheel.

Luna doesn't respond and starts humming along with the radio. Harry slowly drives past Daisy Moons house, the silky white curtains of her room are closed, and Harry notices the small pink stickers on her window. He then speeds away, two streets further down, and parks his car in front of his house.

Daisy is the prettiest of all.