CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

"I think he has a weird thing with my dad" Daisy's bare feet kick through the sand. Olive laughs and throws her head back. Her short locks fall over her shoulder.

"What?" Daisy laughs, "It's not funny. Like every time I mention him he gets all shaky and worked up." She explains. Liv tucks her hands into the pockets of her bomber jacket and thinks. "Maybe he's just uncomfortable talking about your dad with you, or maybe he's afraid of him." Daisy decides to drop the subject.

She links their arms as they walk along the sandy hills. "This is our spot." Liv suddenly exclaims and sits down. Daisy follows and plays with the ends of her hair. Olive lights a thin cigarette and hands it over to her. Daisy sucks from the bud but doesn't inhale. She waits a second before blowing out the smoke from her mouth. Olive finishes it by herself.

They sit in silence as the clouds turn pink and cotton candy-like.

Daisy gets out a big camera and lays down on the sand. She looks through the lens and waits for the perfect shot. Olive smiles at her.

"I like your outfit." Liv remarks and twists a couple strands of hair in a tiny bun. Daisy puts the camera away and looks at her body. She wore Ethan's black turtleneck, which was way too big on her and a black tennis skirt. She also brought her black small backpack for her shoes and camera. "You always look so pretty though" Daisy mumbles.

Olive was always creative with her outfits. She was wearing a long black skirt and a cropped black mohair sweater with her bomber jacket.

Liv and Daisy met during ballet-class. Daisy danced modern ballet before her dad couldn't afford the lessons anymore. Liv and her were always teamed up together because they were both advanced and in the same age group.

Liv had a nineteen year old boyfriend so the pair quickly bonded after Daisy told her about Mr. Styles. Leaving out the part that he's married and a father, because of her fear of judgement from her friend.

They watch the waves crashing onto each other in the sea. Just like the little fifteen year old girls crashed into these men.

"Ethan hasn't come home yet" Daisy whispers. Olive faces her and hold her hand. "I'm sure he's safe. He has all his friends around him." Liv assures her with doubt hinting her voice.

Daisy thinks of his friends. The boys who are always looking at her legs and stuttering when talking to her. Which makes her think of Levi. His sunglasses and lean body. She wants to see him again soon.