Chapter 16-Just for you

Zelda

Zelda looked up. She wish she was surprised but she didn't even have to look. She knew it was Link. He stood outside his door, back tuned from her.

Zelda cleared her throat and his ears pricked up like an animal, he turned to face her. His eyes scanned her up and down...but she didn't feel uncomfortable by it.
Today....he seemed to not be able to take his eyes from her. Usually his gaze would lower but he seemed...hypnotized.

She looked at him, eyes full of curiosity and wonder. It stayed like this until she broke the natural silence.

"Thanks for waiting for me...you didn't need to..."

'Oh gosh. I also have to talk about what Lady Catherine told me.'

"I...I'm not sure how to say it but- but.."

'It's not the end of Hyrule. Just say it! It's just a walk that we'll not be able to go on.
What's gotten into me?'

Zelda's eyes and head lowered from his confused, blue eyes. She tried to talk but not much would escape her lips.

"But--"

This time Zelda was cut off. And it wasn't from Link. A soft yet loud voice came from behind. Zelda flinched at the sudden voice from behind.

"ZELDA!! oops...didn't mean to shout..!! But its great to see you!!"

Her voice echoed down the halls and Zelda examined who it was.

'Oh. Of course, Lady Eleanor!'

A slight grin formed onto her lips. "What a...surprise. It's great to see you!"

Lady Eleanor ran towards her, in her thin, red dress as it flowed behind her. She ran into Zelda and gave her an instant hug.

They embraced in a hug for a short while until they both let go.
Zelda could finally get a close up of her friend that she hadn't seen in a while.

Lady Eleanor had straight, long, brown hair...this time it was put into a glamourous bun. Her light, hazel eyes glimmered with happiness.
Zelda noticed her long, red and gold dress and it looked silky and thin. Obviously, if it was to do with Eleanor...it was simply for comfort.
"You look beautiful, Lady Eleanor!"
Eleanor looked at her as she smiled from ear to ear. "You out of all people should know...no formalities!! And you look even more beautiful Zelda!"
Zelda giggled. "Oh please, don't flatter me-"

'Oh wait! I still need to tell Link-'

Zelda's friend grabbed Zelda by the hand and dragged her down the halls...without Link.
Zelda laughed but when reality hit her, she quickly looked at Link behind her. He was full of confusion.

"We're gonna have so much fun! It's been too long Zelda!"

"Eleanor! Father always told me to get a knight with me!"

Eleanor didn't leg go and they continued to walk. She didn't even look at Link. Not even once since she saw Zelda.
Zelda thought she must have assumed he was just a random knight in the halls escorting Zelda.

"But he always told me, if you were with someone trusted, it would be fine."

'I guess that's true..this still doesn't sit well with me...but why? Oh...because of him....
But why would I prefer Link to come along? Oh well...I guess I dont want to bother him...he deserves a break from me and his job. It must be tiring.'