Chapter 6-An unexpected guest

Zelda

The words repeated over and over in Zelda's mind.

'What was I expecting?? He's the chosen Hero. He's here to protect and follow. He's turned 18 which means he will take his job as an adult. And all just like me, when I turn the age of 18 I have to be taking my job more seriously... It's the rules. And people are expecting me to become a Queen already.

I guess me and Link have something in common...and more to do with the fact that people are expecting us to become something so great at a young age. But the only difference is.....that he can do his job. Unlike me.'

Zelda continued to look at the King.
"B-but, surely I could be given a little more privacy?"

'Now I really can never escape for fresh air. I now have to say goodbye to all those days I'd sneak out. How could I get past him?'

Zelda sighed. She knew this conversation wouldn't get anywhere. It was pointless as expected.

"Oh Zelda. I wish you would remember when we went over this.
I'm just trying to protect you. Link will protect you every day and that includes while in Hyrule Castle, unless you are with another trusted person or you actually require privacy, for example, in your chambers," He took another sigh.
"Please understand I am not doing this to despise you...I want you safe, especially at a time like this with Yiga Clan attacks rising. I must protect you and your kingdom. The clan could be anywhere...and anyone."

As usual, he added a reassuring smile.
Zelda took at deep breath; counted to three just like her mother used to tell her. After she was done she got ready to reply.

Her voice was very quiet and she looked at the floor..
"Very well then.."

The King looked at her with sadness in his eyes once more.
"I hope you know that I love you Zelda."
The king came close to Zelda and placed a delicate kiss on her forehead.

"I-I love you too, Father.." She said while looking up at him.

There was a small space of silence. Zelda's eyes met Links. It wasn't anything new for him to be emotionless. But again, she felt like she was over analysing but..there was a hint of sadness in his eyes...just like before.

The King broke the small silence as he cleared the lump in his throat.

"Well, I will not disturb you two once more. Link..." The king pointed to the room next to Zeldas..