Chapter 10-A selfie

Zelda

'Again, I had no idea what I was doing at this point. I just followed my body and heart. My mind suprisingly had no say in this at all.'

Link looked at Zelda, she couldn't quite make out how he felt.

She tried her best to ignore her earlier thoughts but she knew that later on at night these thoughts would soon return.

Zelda wanted to ask again but in a different way, she tried not to make him feel pressured into doing so.

"It's quite alright, I don't want you to have to put up with me while you're simply doing your job-"

Just when she was about to finish, Link looked her deep in the eyes and nodded.

Zelda didn't know how she could face him after her earlier thoughts....but somehow she did.
Again, to her it felt so natural to have him by her side.
She couldn't help but smile to herself as she realised what Link had agreed to.

'It's weird how only now I spot the obvious. But Link...He doesn't talk much...I heard he rarely talks, he has... but I know he wouldn't want to talk to me out of everyone anyway.

I don't care right about anything right now though. So very childish of me, but I want to enjoy this moment once again before my thoughts explode into my brain once this day is over.'

"Very well then..we shall take what others call 'a selfie'....it should be fun."

She took out the sheikah slate and held it high, you could see the beautiful mountains behind them in the distance and the scenery around them in the background.

"Now let's see that smile!"

Just when Zelda began to pull a fake smile next to Link's emotionless face, she suddenly felt a small pink petal on her head..she instantly looked up.

"Oh Link! How beautiful!" They both looked up.
'...The scenery couldn't get any better than this.'

She glanced at Link...and for the first time it seemed...Link had put a slight smile on his face and faced the sheikah slate. It wasn't the biggest smile. Or the smallest...but it was something.

'I-is he...smiling?? The first bit of emotion I've seen of him close up so far
...it seems...

He has a beautiful smile. Yes, it may seem quite small and unnoticeable because it's all for a picture but..It doesn't change anything.'

She removed her eyes off of him, looked at the slate and imagined his smile once more...a natural smile curled onto her lips.

"3.."

...

"2.."

...

"And 1!.."

Zelda pressed the button, and in a flash the photo was taken, she knew this by the sound of the slate.

Zelda and Link both went back to their original position and they both looked at the photo.

"Ah, so precious."

Her thin finger tips slowly covered her mouth.

'I really need to learn to keep my thoughts in my head...rather than my mouth.'

"Well then..."

She looked at Link.

"Would you mind if I took a walk? I don't wanna bore you but I could do with a relaxing day, it's been great so far and I don't want this to end just yet.."

'Wait, why was I asking him?'

Zelda got up from the ground and dusted herself from any dirt. Link did the same. Zelda picked up her basket and had completely forgotten about the whole idea to pick up flowers.

"I don't want to keep pressuring you into putting up with me...but I'd rather we took this walk together to get rid of the awkwardness of the upcoming silence. I'm not asking for you to walk alongside me if you'd like, but I'd like to take this stroll with you. You are here after all. It's not like I can pretend you're not here. But if you don't like this, I won't say anything."

Zelda wasn't expecting a reply anyway, so she began to walk down a different path. There were even more trees around, all different shapes and sizes.

And Link followed behind. A little closer than last time and Zelda had noticed. But that distance still remained.
...

End of chapter 10

...

LOL CLOSE ENOUGH FOR THE PHOTO

Note: There is A LOT more to come dw ;)

...

E X T R A pics on my other important message chapter that has art in