Chapter 20-Change of plans

Note: As usual, click to see the full picture above
______________________________________

Zelda

Zelda repeated it over and over in her head. She just couldn't comprehend it.

'I have to go with Capsian?...Really? Was this just a joke? Did I mishear?
I know we started over...but I wasn't expecting him to be a big part of my day. Seeing him in the morning was enough already.
...
But...there's nothing I can do, I guess there's been a change of plans.'

She wondered what she was even supposed to do at this point.. because she just stood there, and she felt she did this like a fool.

And so, Zelda went with her usual instinct. She tried her best to not react, and also to not show emotion.
So for the time being she couldn't help but stare blankly at the King before deciding to go with the flow of the whole situation.

...

"Ah yes, sorry. Come along everyone...?'"

She had a bit of uncertainty in what she had just said. It wasn't that obvious, but if anyone there had paid just a tiny bit more attention, they would be able to hear it in her voice.

Thankfully, no one appeared to notice.

Or so she thought.

...

To cure the slight awkwardness Eleanor stepped forward to her rescue.

"I guess that's it then. Goodbye your majesty." She said with a graceful curtsy.

"Farewell." The King responded.

It seemed in Zelda's eyes that nobody really felt odd about Capsian coming along, so she assumed that was the piece of information that she had missed from earlier. It was the only possible explanation.

Zelda turned back around before she'd make things any worse.
This time she waited for the others to walk alongside her.

And of course, Link stayed a few steps behind her, with his usual neutral expression and stance.