Chapter 4 - New Encounters

??? POV

A car pulled up into the driveway. I looked down, from my spot at the attic window - at the young girl and I'm guessing, her mother exit the vehicle. It's been a while since we have had new people move in. The Deetz's moved back to New York a few months ago and the family that bought the house off of them were soon scared out. I had grown to like them but I guess that this wasn't the place for them. They were a happy family that contained a husband, wife and 4 little children aged 4, 7, 10 and 2. Sadly Mister "The Ghost With The Most" was the cause of their departure. Beetlejuice hasn't been the same since Lydia. Actually he shouldn't be here as we banished him to the netherworld but of course Lydia got bored and wanted him back, which did cause problems but he promised to change. But ever since she left, he's been acting different. His hair is permanently purple or blue and he just sulks everywhere, not in the mood for anything. Even though he does annoy me, I just wish that he could be himself again. Depressed Beetlejuice is worse than normal Beetlejuice.

I focused my gaze on the girl that was in the driveway. She looked around early twenties, had h/l, h/c hair and was wearing a f/c hoodie with ripped jeans and trainers. Her mother on the other hand looked around mid forties and had short, curly, h/c hair. And she was wearing a plaid shirt with a cardigan, jeans and wellies. 

(Aka this:) 

Seems like they are the new owners of our house

Seems like they are the new owners of our house. Hopefully they are here to stay and that Beej won't scare them off. At first me and my husband Adam did not want other people living in our house, but overtime it grows on you and you enjoy company. As long as they are nice and respect that we live here too, then they are free to stay. Well that is, of course, if they can see us. Which is highly unlikely but people can dream. I decided to go find what Adam was up to. I haven't seen him in a while and it might be best to let him know that there are new people here.

As I was walking down the stairs, I noticed him leaning over the banister. "Adam what are you doing" I lightly said and gently placed my hand on his back. He quickly turned around with shock plastered on his face. "Barbara, honey, you scared me" he sighed. "I was just having a look at the new owners. Does that girl not remind you of someone?" He pointed at the younger girl who was sweeping the floor. 

"They do look similar" I mumbled back. We both missed the Deetzs very much. It was nice staying with a family that respected that we lived here too. We had loads of fun together but the fun must always come to a stop. Adam put his arm around me as we watched the young girl sweep and sing her heart out. She was indeed a character. 

Later, a tall, middle-aged woman appeared in the doorway and that was when we decided to vacate to the attic, like we always did. I couldn't stop thinking about the girl though. Something seemed off about her. She kept looking behind her whenever she would enter a new room, it was like she was aware that we were there. Perhaps it's just because it's a new place. But then I stopped walking. Adam seemed to notice and stopped to face me. "Is something the matter?" he asked. 

"We have to protect her." Was all I said. 

"Protect who?" 

"The girl. You know who must not find her." I said in a stern tone. 

He nodded, understanding what I meant, and took my hand in his. "We will try our best."