Chapter 6. What Happend in the Hallway

I AM REALLY SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN A WHILE!!!!!!!! I was really busy studying for semester exams!!!! >.<. Also thanks for 500 views!!! Should I change the cover to the picture up there? Or keep the one now? Please give me your opinion!

Mikan's Pov
~~~~~~~~~~~~oOo~~~~~~~~~~~

After gym, I walked to the doors all sweaty and hot with Anna. Once I opened the doors, the air conditioning from the halls smacked me in the face, feeling like heaven. "Ahhh, that feels so nice...." Said Anna dreamily. "Yeah..." I replied savoring the moment. Suddenly, Anna and I were shoved to the side and I landed on my butt, "ouch," I said rubbing my butt and wincing a little. "You okay Anna?" "Yeah... Just a little hurt, that's all." Said Anna standing and helping me up.

I could hear a whole bunch of shouts and kyaa's going everywhere and I saw a whole group of girls including Luna and Sumire run up to the crowd. Huh, so that's why we were shoved? The group of girls were all surrounding someone, and whoever that was, I felt sad for him or her. Or them because I heard some people running out of the gym doors and yelling "Natsume-kun! Ruka-kun! Kyaaaa!"

I instantly regretted my sadness for whoever it was, because now that I knew who it was, I was happy as heck. "Oi! Shut up and be quiet you're giving me a headache!" Yelled an enraged Natsume, trying to get past the squealing girls. I saw Natsume's raven hair easily, since he was pretty tall. And Ruka's hair because of how it stood out more than the girls since he had blonde hair.

Hotaru and Nonoko were standing next to Anna and I while we were watching the scene before us in amusement.

About a minute later I saw Jinno Sensei speed walking towards the squealing crowd with an angry look on his face. "Hey! You guys separate and get to your next class! You're causing a huge ruckus!!!" He yelled. But the girls just ignored his existence and kept on chattering and squealing.

"Alright then, for girls only we will have a math test that will be 70% of your semester grade." Jinno Sensei said. At that moment everything was silent. "What?! Even the girls that aren't doing anything wrong?!" Yelled a girl walking next to her friend. "Yep," replied Jinno Sensei. "Every one of the girls that are in my math class."

Anna and Nonoko were completely shell shocked. Well except for Hotaru and I, because she was really smart at everything, and I was pretty good in math. Just not as much as Hotaru.

All the girls that were surrounding Natsume and Ruka were now forming a circle around Jinno Sensei, ready to start yelling at him or start pleading to him to not give the test.

I saw Natsume and Ruka taking advantage of the now angered girls surrounding Jinno Sensei and was ready to leave but before they did I saw Ruka look at Hotaru with a light blush on his face. Then ran off through the halls along with Natsume.

Wait. Did I just. No. I think I'm just seeing things. I thought as I lifted up my thick lensed glasses and rubbed my eyes. "C'mon guys, let's go to our next class now." Said Nonoko sadly. "Sure." I replied. "Why, Jinno!" Complained Anna. Hotaru just walked with us as we all went to our next class. Language arts with Narumi Sensei.
~~~~~~~~~~~~oOo~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the four of us walked into Narumi Sensei's class, I saw him walk up to me sparkling like usual and say, "how has your first day been so far Mikan?" "Um....it's been alright I guess...." I said remembering the Luna, Sumire and Natsume events, but yet I made new friends that I already love. "I'm a lot used to everything and I'm not stuttering anymore. "So...yeah." "Well, that's great Mikan! I'm glad to hear that! Also your spot for this class will be next to Tobita Yuu." Sensei said looking in the direction where Prez was.

"Ok, thanks." I replied and walked off to my seat and sat down. "Hi Pr-." I said but I cut off my sentence when I heard people say, "Ew, it's that ugly girl again," "Ugh, and she's friends with those two cousins and the ice queen, better stay away from them. I don't want to catch any of her nasty germs."

I cleanched my fists under the desk. I wanted to find who said those hurtful words and make them pay. "Mikan, just ignore them, they're just being dumb baskets." Said Prez. At that moment I forgot all about my rage, and instead focused on what Prez just now said.

"Dumb baskets?!" I cried out loudly, laughing like heck. "Yeah, it's another word so that I don't have to say a bad word." Said Prez cocking his head a little from my outburst of laughter.

I banged on the desk a little, and my howls of laughter soon turned into muffles of giggles. "Umm...are you alright now Mikan?" Asked Prez worriedly. "yeah, it's just that it was the first time I heard the word and it sounds....awesome." "Thanks, I made up the word this morning, and thought that now was a good time to use it." Prez replied smiling.

"Can I use the word too?" I asked Prez excitedly. "Umm sure..." Prez said, shocked of my sudden jumpiness. "I'd be glad to let you use it." "Yay!" I cried out and hugged him.

" Heh heh, sorry if I'm scaring you a bit, this is how I act whenever I'm really comfortable around someone." I said while scratching the back of my head. "Well, that's great then, I'm happy you feel that way around me," said Prez happily.

Then we heard Narumi Sensei say, "alright class be quiet, class is starting now." Everyone got quiet and started to listen to the lecture. In the middle of it I remembered the stuff those mean dumb baskets said about me and my friends. But like Prez said, just ignore it. So I did.

Or at least tried to.