Chapter 16. Practice

Yay! Thanks for the votes! The decision was......

Mikan's Pov
~~~~~~~~~~~~oOo~~~~~~~~~~~

Narumi Sensei was now taking the votes. "Alright raise your hands if you would like us to do a maid cafe," he said as hands shot up in the air. Counting them he wrote the number of people on the board. "Now what about a Haunted House?" He asked. The girl who suggested it and my hand were the only ones up. I could see the girls disappointed face from the back of her head.

Sensei put the tally marks on the board next to the word Haunted House. "now for Couples Fashion Show," he said. A lot of hands shot out in the air especially Luna's, and Sumire's. After putting the tally marks next to it he said, "Finally, the last one everyone, Ugly to Pretty Contest," a lot of hands also shot up and I thought that this stupid contest and the fashion show we're going to tie.

He put the marks on the board and said, "everyone this was a close tie but the winning event is.......The Ugly to Pretty Contest!!!" Most people squealed with delight while some others groaned in frustration, I was one of them.

Beside me I noticed that Hotaru and Natsume didn't vote for anything. I nudged Hotaru by my arm and got her attention. "Why didn't you vote for anything?" I asked her.

She just shrugged her shoulders and said, "I didn't really care what we were going to do." I nodded back in an understanding way. I took a quick peek over at Natsume and was about to ask him the same, but I decided not to. So I looked back over to the teacher. Not knowing he gave me an evil smirk.

Third Person
~~~~~~~~~~~oOo~~~~~~~~~~
As Mikan put her attention back to Narumi Sensei he was saying, "Alright, but we are going to have to pick 10 girls on who's going to look like an ugly duckling, and soon turn into a beautiful swan! While they are looking like an ugly duckling I want those 10 girls to also hold a sign during the festival that is talking about this contest so that everyone will know about it." Narumi Sensei said. "Now, please pick who you think should be, you can nominate and or volunteer."

Dozens of hands shot up in the air. "Alright, you first Koizumi-san," he said pointing at Luna. She smiled and said, "I nominate myself, and Sumire to be one of the candidates," she said proudly. Everyone was shocked to hear the Luna Koizumi asking to become ugly for at least 12 hours or less. "Alright then, we now have 8 spots opening," the teacher said writing the names of girls on the board.

Soon after each girl or guy nominated someone or picked themselves there was only one spot left. There were also no more hands raised except for one last person. Natsume Hyuuga. A lot of people were shocked that he would actually want to participate in this stupid event. Alright then, Natsume-kun, what about you?" Narumi Sensei asked surprised.

"I nominate this chick next to me," he said pointing at Mikan beside him who was now frozen in shock.

Every girl in the room gasped. Hotaru and Ruka just looked at him like he was crazy and was drunk. "What the heck!? She's already ugly enough! So why bother to let her be in this competition." Yelled an angry Luna. "Yeah!" Yelled some other people agreeing with her.

Mikan's Pov
~~~~~~~~~~oOo~~~~~~~~~
When I heard Natsume say that he nominated me, I knew I hated him even more than I did now. I was so shocked that I couldn't move until I regained myself. When I finally did, everyone was arguing about putting me in the contest while Narumi Sensei was happily writing my name on the board.

I looked over at the pervert sitting next to me and glared at him. When he saw me he boredly said, "what do you want Polka?" I made my lips into a grim line. I wanted to yell at him so bad right now. Growling, I said to him, "why the heck would you nominate me you jerk!"