Chapter 23. Spring Break

I'M SO SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED LATELY!!!!!! I was really busy, I had a concert to go, a banquet and a trip to go this week!! So please forgive me!! Also please know that I will NEVER discontinue this story, I would fail as a writer if I did that, also I hate it whenever other writers do that I don't know what'll happen next! So please don't worry!!

Mikan's Pov
~~~~~~~~~~oOo~~~~~~~~~~
It was finally spring break and I was so happy!! I woke up with a huge smile on my face and was about to get ready for when Natsume came over, but I remembered the nurse told us that he needed some rest for his bruise to heal.

Flashback
I was in my last class of the day when the loudspeaker beeped on. "Natsume Hyuuga and Mikan Sakura, will you please report to the nurses office please?" The loudspeaker above rang. I looked at Natsume from across the room, he looked neutral as always.

We both walked to the nurses office, my gut was kinda squeezing from what was to be expected. "Did we do something wrong?" I asked Natsume. "I don't know, we'll have to wait and see." He plainly replied. I puffed out my cheeks like a squirrel and let it out by sighing.

When we got to the nurses office I saw the nurse that took care of Natsume earlier today, sitting on her rolling chair. "Is there something wrong?" I asked as we opened the door. "Ah, yes you two are finally here." The nurse said as she put her attention to us and put down her drink.

"Please, sit." She said pointing to the bed. We both sat but I kept my distance from Natsume. When he saw this he gave me a questioning look. I just ignored it and listened to the nurse. "Now, Natsume and Mikan, I know you both have an important play coming up, but I would like Natsume to not practice today after school and tomorrow hopefully, so that he can rest at home to let his bruise heal better." She said looking at the both of us.

I nodded understandingly. "And Natsume do you agree to this?" The nurse asked. "Yeah, yeah at least I get a break from going to her house." He said. I gave him a small glare. "Whatever at least I don't have to see you then." I mumbled crossing my arms and looking the other way. "Alright now that's settled make sure you remember and you both may go to class now," she said giving us a small smile. I nodded, got up from the bed along with Natsume and we both left.

Flashback End
So instead I just decided to wear my normal clothes and no glasses or hair tied up for the day. I walked down the stairs and smelled some good breakfast cooking. "Morning mom, grandpa!" I said cheerfully. "My my, look who's in a cheered mood today!" Grandpa replied. I giggled, "Well, it's because it's spring break." I said.

After I ate breakfast I said bye to my mom as she was leaving to go to work today. Then I went to the tv room to watch something. Flipping through the channels, there was nothing on. I groaned and got up to do something else. "This is so boring, I have no homework to do surprisingly." I said, remembering the times how Jinno Sensei usually always have us homework, but this time he didn't.

"Maybe I should read a book?" I asked myself. "No, there's no good books around." I mumbled. "Gaaah, there's nothing to do!! I yelled grabbing my hair, feeling frustrated. I let go of my hair and mumbled, "I wish Natsume were here, at least then I wouldn't be this bored. Wait, I wonder what grandpa's doing?" I asked. I went over to where grandpa was and found him taking a nap in his room. I sighed, "well, I guess I'll just take a nap then." I replied going over to my room.

After I snuggled up in my warm covers I closed my eyes for a while trying to sleep. After about forever of trying to I finally did.

I woke up to the sound of the doorbell ringing. I groggily got up from my bed and looked at the time, "2:36," huh?" I asked, trying to rub the sleep from my eyes. Then the doorbell starting ringing again. "Agh, who could that be?!" I groaned running from my room, down the stairs and to the front door.