Heidi Hansen Hate (Dear Evan Hansen)

Okay, can we just talk about the hate Heidi Hansen gets from some people?

(This is just my opinion, you can disagree with me and I really won't care, everyone has their own opinions)

First, let's discuss the line "No mom who just was there cause mom was all that she had to be."

I get that Heidi wasn't around for Evan as much as she should have, but she's also a working single mother who is trying to put herself through school and take care of a child, both school and children cost lots of money, meaning she has to work a lot. Also, in the beginning of the musical, she says that she has to pick up another shift so she can look like a team player to avoid being cut since budget cuts were being made. So, Evan, I get she wasn't there a lot, but that was only because she was trying to take care of you and herself.

Second, I was scrolling through memes and came across a meme that was alternate deh song titles, and the one for So Big/So Small was something like 'I wasn't here for you before but now I am so love me!'

Again, she wasn't there because she was trying to get money to give Evan a decent life. She was gone so much because she was trying to provide for them and get food on the table and pay for Evan's meds and therapy, none of that is free.

Basically, I'm saying...

Don't. Give. Heidi. Too. Much. Hate. Because. She's. Trying.

We must help and protect Heidi at all cost, anyone with me on that?

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk