Dear Evan Hansen movie review!

Okay so I literally just got back from seeing the DEH movie... and I loved it!!

Now, I'm gonna share some of my opinions I had, and you don't have to agree! This is just what I thought :)

1. Honestly, I didn't mind Ben Platt and his age. It didn't really bother me, it wasn't something I even noticed to be totally honest and I don't really have a lot to say on it

2. The new/cut songs.
Yes, while I did extremely miss all the songs that got cut from the movie, I can see why they weren't included. Those songs, especially Anybody Have A Map and Good For You I don't think would have translated from the stage to the screen that well. As for the new songs, I LOVED them both!! The Anonymous Ones and A Little Closer were both so amazing and beautiful, and Alana's new song actually related a lot to me, and it probably relates to a lot of people who needed it.

3. OKAY BUT LOOK THEY CONFIRMED JARED GAY AND I LOVE IT SO MUCH. The way Nik Dodani portrayed the character made me love Jared even more, like he's such a little shit I fucking love him. I also really liked how Zoe and Evan's relationship didn't develop until Only Us, not right after You Will Be Found. We also get a lot more backstory and development from Alana, including the song I mentioned before; The Anonymous Ones. It really sheds light on how Alana really is and how she really feels through the story

4. They kept the whole conversation between Evan and Heidi right before So Big/So Small and when I tell you I started sobbing I'm not lying- my dad had to make sure I was okay. That whole scene was just so emotional and it came across really well in the movie.

Overall, I loved it. I thought it was amazing and they did it really well, despite all of the things said by different reviewers. If any of you are on the fence about seeing it, just go watch it, worse case scenario you don't like it, but you can't base your decisions on what other people say, not even what I say. If you wanted any of my thoughts on anything else, let me know!

Love you all 💕