18. Piper's (Very Short) Rage

Part 7/12 of New Year's Chapters 

Sorry guys this was a very short chapter just to get in some small details.

Wanda POV

We were in Washington Square Park placing Leo's traps. Lou Ellen was able to use what they called the Mist to make it look like the park was closed for something.

"Yeah! Wanda over there! Be careful! Lou down there! Dig out that part! Perfect yeah!"

Leo was at us the entire time. He was running around making last minute notifications to each trap. I had to admit he was impressive.

Leo was young but was able to build traps so easily. I was doing the alley traps which needed to be very specific.

I'm gonna go crazy. How can they just wait for a fight they know is coming. We know it's coming, but we have to wait!?

I am so not ready to help demigods. I raised up the shards to attack and set them in the overhanging box.

It was a very simple trap. Monsters are stopped there and someone pressing the remote button and the monsters have a box of Imperial Gold shards dropped on them.

Sometimes Leo's plans are very violent. I walk around scanning the park. I saw something peeking at us from behind a building.

I raise my hands ready to shoot it with a beam of magic. I see it's a monster and kill it.

"Guys look around for monster scouts!"

I turned to look at Leo and Lou. They nodded and continued working.

Piper POV

The new news was spreading like a wildfire. I heard it from Natasha. Natasha heard it from Steve. Then Steve heard it from Tony and Clint. Tony and Clint learned it from Peter who learned it from Thor. Thor heard it from the start and told everybody.

Percy and Annabeth were dating.

Finally. As a daughter of Aphrodite I tried my best to get them together, but they were only 'best friends' 'nothing more'. Ha! Nothing more my a*s.

Turns out they kissed on the way back from Sally's and didn't tell anybody. Thor only figured out because he was a god, and they just seemed to know everything.

I found Percy and slightly slapped him on the face.

"Percy! I thought we were friends, but I hear that you and Annabeth were dating from Natasha!?"

His face was red and he was holding his cheek.

"First of all, ow! Second, I was going to tell you but Thor figured it out first! It isn't my fault he visited your mother and she told him."

I quickly apologized and went to find Annabeth. I've been waiting forever for them to get together, and now I want to ask her why she didn't tell me.

Percy, I get it, but Annabeth! I'm her girl! She should've told me first.

"Piper before you say anything, I was gonna tell you when I asked you to meet me for lunch!"

Why do they always have such good answers to my anger?

"Fine, but still kinda mad."

Annabeth shrugged and said she was leaving for practice.