9. Weakness

Ello!  I literally can't wait for The Tower of Nero!  I'm getting it tomorrow, and told my family to not come near my room for three hours, or be destroyed.  The song aboveboard was one that I was reading while writing this!

                                             Love Y'alls

                                                            -Alice

Steve POV 

Percy saved my life. Probably ending with him dead. I paced outside of the med room. Thor was giving Percy that thing from his suitcase. Ambrosia and nectar, I think.

I hope he'll be fine. I should've been looking out for myself. Now there was a kid, with family and friends, dying because of me. I sat on a chair, and buried my head in my hands.

Bruce, and Tony were talking with Thor about something.

Natasha sat next to me. "Hey, it's not your fault Steve. He chose to jump in front of you."

I stared at her. She did realize that she wasn't helping right?

"Well he wouldn't have had to jump if I had been watching out for myself!"

Natasha put a hand on my shoulder. "He'll be fine Steve. He's a strong kid."

She got up, and left. I looked back at the bed. Percy's breathing seemed to be fine. Thor looked at my through the glass, and signed for me to come over. I got up, and walked in.

Tony put his hand on my back. "He just needs a few days of rest. Percy's a powerful guy."

I sat next to Percy's bed. He looked normal. His face was a bit pale, but that was expected after being stabbed. I couldn't shake the feeling that this was still my fault. I had gone through wars, but still made a rookie mistake.

Never let your guard down. I sighed, and sat back. Bruce looked down at his clipboard. "Don't worry guys, better days are coming."

I smiled a bit. Bruce was right. No matter the pain I felt in my chest, better days were coming. We just had to wait.

We shouldn't be feeling depressed about this, Percy wouldn't want us to mope around for a week. I got up, and went to the elevator. He would heal. For now, I should. I grabbed some food, and trained for the rest of the day.

Natasha POV

I woke everyone up, when I got an alert. We hurried outside, and went to the school they were attacking.

A group of monsters were running around, causing mass mayhem. They were obviously looking for a demigod's attention.

We ran up. "Hey!"

Clint readied his bow. I was ready to shoot at any second. Then the ground shook. We barely kept our balance. Kronos.

His weird smoke cloud was floating behind the monsters. This time I saw something I never noticed. In the middle of the cloud was something.

It was gleaming bronze, but most of it was covered in thick layers of darkness. That's when I realized something.

Whatever that bronze was, it was important. Why would Kronos try to protect it so badly? The smoke swarmed there too much for it to be normal. That was why every time we fought him, Percy always seemed to strike there.

We always tried to get at least one hit on him. Percy would only attack when he could hit that exact spot. I positioned my gun straight at the point.

Before I could shoot, I was thrown back. I jumped, and regained my balance. The rest of the team immediately broke into action. Thanks to Percy's new weapons, the monsters were a bit easier to fight.

We got through them, and I turned back to face Kronos, and-. "CRAP!"

I threw my gun onto the floor. Kronos was gone. The team stared at me funny for a bit. "Umm, Romanoff. Are you ok?"

Stephen held his hand out at me. I nodded quickly. The team dispersed, heading off in our own directions. I sat down at the meeting table, thinking. Clint, Steve, Tony, Thor, and Peter were standing with me.

Peter took off his mask, and looked at me. "What was that about Natasha?"

I sighed, and sat down. "I think I might know how to defeat Kronos."

The guys were instantly more interested in the conversation. Tony seemed excited. "Great! So what are we using? Laser beams? Explosions? Earthquakes? Meteors!?"

I gave him a very troubled look. He glared, but sat back down. I put my hands on the table. "When I looked at Kronos, in the middle of the cloud was a bronze object. It was heavily locked with dark smoke. It has to be important."

The guys looked at eachother. They nodded. Steve spoke up. "We might have to ask Percy about this. He could help."

We nodded, and headed to the med bay. Percy was sitting up, looking around confused. "Oh! Hey guys! So what's going on?"

He looked very healthy, and happy for a stab victim. Steve exhaled loudly. "I'm so glad you're ok Percy. I should've been watching out for myself, but I didn't and now you're hurt."

Percy gave him a scowl. "Hey don't blame yourself. I did that so many times, and it was stupid. That wound wasn't as bad for me as it would have been for you."

Clint threw up his arms. "You were just stabbed, on the brink of death, and you say you're just FINE!?"

Percy laughed. I was sceptical about what he said. That wound was pretty bad, but he seemed to be easily shaking it off. I would've been out for another day.

Percy stood up. "I've been through way worse Clint. Now, what happened while I was sleeping?"

Thor put up his hand in front of me. I got his message, but glared at him. Thor loved telling what happened during fights. "We fought Kronos, and Natasha might have come up with a way to beat him."

Percy's attention was back on me. Peter nodded at me. "There was something gleaming a bronze color in the middle of the Kronos storm. Maybe it could be his lifeline?"

Percy's carefree face became serious. "Did you say bronze?"

Peter nodded. "Is that important?"

Percy sat back on the bed. "Do you know how big it was? Maybe this long?"

Percy grabbed a tool from the medical table. It was about six inches maybe.  I sat down with a complexed look on my face. How did he know?

"Yes. How do you know that?"

Percy looked at me. "It's a celestial bronze dagger. It was lost when my friend and I fell into Tartarus."

So that was a special dagger. It belonged to the demigod that went on most of Percy's adventures.

Ok then.

  So now, we know his Weakness.