4. Not Just A Kid

Peter POV

I called MJ and Ned yesterday. I told them about Percy. I would really have to watch over that little delinquent. Even though we were years apart I felt like he was taking care of me. During one battle a piece of rock almost pulverised me, but Percy pushed me away at the last second.

I got up at seven this morning. We had school at eight. Percy was awake looking like the walking dead. He was eating a bag of blue candy. He noticed me. 

"Hey Peter you ready for school? I haven't gone for a while."

This kid was weird.

We got onto the bus, I saw Ned and MJ waving at me. I sat with them, but remembered Percy. I was about to invite him over. I saw where he was sitting. This was not gonna go well.

Flash walked up to Percy giving him a scowl. 

 "Hey. What are you doing in my seat? Didn't anyone tell you not to mess with the older kids?"

 Percy glanced at him and responded. 

 "I don't see your name on it dumba*s. Sit somewhere else."

The whole bus went quiet. Everyone was staring at Percy and Flash. The bus driver stopped and looked as well. Flash threw a punch at Percy's shoulder. Percy grabbed Flash's hand and flipped him on the floor in second.

"Why'd you try to punch me? I said. This. Isn't. Your. SEAT!"

Percy pulled Flash's arm up tighter. He grunted.

"Fine loser, but watch your back!"

Flash shuffled off to the front with a few kids in tow. Percy looked at me and flashed a grin.

Ned looked at me with fright. 

"Peter, do you know that guy? He's crazy!"

MJ grinned. "Crazy cool. So you know him Peter? He's pretty young. Fourteen maybe."

MJ was still a great detective.

"Yeah he's about fourteen. I had to fight him with the Avengers, and now he's a recruit."

My friends had a shocked look on their faces. 

"He's part of the Avengers?!" I nodded.

Percy seemed fine with all of his classes. He said even though he's dyslexic his friend Annabeth basically forced the next years of information into his head. I laughed at that. During lunch today I invited Percy over. (Yes they have the same lunch.  Sorry.)

He has a bruise on his cheek, and a small cut under his eye. I commented on that. 

"Percy where'd you get a bruise and scar? Did you get into a fight? God, Mr. Stark's gonna kill me!" I buried my head in my hands.

"Peter, it's fine. I get bullied all the time. I really don't care." 

Percy took a bit of his sandwich as we stared at him in disbelief. MJ decided to break the ice. 

"You beat up Flash though. You're telling me you can beat a seventeen year old bully, but you can't take a fourteen year old one? That's sad Percy."

Percy rolled his eyes. "I can take the bullies.  If I fight kids in my class though, I can get in trouble.  Flash is older than me, and teachers aren't around me while I'm around him, so I'm good.  I can't go full power on them, so I gotta get hurt to look normal. Think about what would happen if a teen that was able to beat the Avengers. Went full destroy mode on a couple teens. They'd be long gone."