Chapter 2

(Joey PoV)

I stood in the line for the checkout, searching the sea of people for that greasy man that left. I didn't really want to run into him again. I looked at the people around me, all towering over me, I couldn't really see anything in the first place so I don't know why I was bothering.

I finally got to the checkout and scanned my item. The lady gave me an odd look for only buying mayonnaise, I didn't really say anything and just gave her an annoyed look back. She offered me a bag for the mayonnaise, but I declined and walked over out of the store with it in my hands. As I was leaving the store, some random kid with snot hanging out of his noes told me my shoes were untied, I just ignored them, wanting to get back to the fucking bus already.

I continued walking from the walmart nearing an alleyway. Then I suddenly felt my feet trip from under me, as I fell to the ground, the mayonnaise flew from my hands. I watched as it rolled deeper into the dark, cold, and wet alleyway. I stood up trying to catch my balance, brushing the dirt off my hoodie.

I looked around. No one was in the alley way for as far as I could see, and then looked behind me. The greasy man was sitting on the bus bench closest to me, he quickly looked away as I locked eyes with him. It would be smarter to just go back and buy new mayonnaise, but I doubt I'd get anyone to come and help me again. Besides, it's just a dark alley, i've seen worse shit like the dead crow incident. I slowly stepped into the alley letting my eyes adjust to the darkness.

I walked deeper and deeper into the alley way, not seeing the mayonnaise anywhere. Dammit, I'm going to have to buy another one aren't I? I sighed angrily, then spotted the mayonnaise sitting on the back wall of the alleyway. I quickly walked over to it and picked it up, when suddenly I heard footsteps rushing towards me. I quickly turned around and threw the mayonnaise at the direction of the sound, it missed and I heard it smash into the concrete floor. I looked around the dark alley but not a person was in sight, then suddenly pain erupted in the back of my head. My vision got blurry and I fell to the ground with someone standing over me.