Letter to your Parents

Dear mom,

I am so happy to write this letter. To write a letter to someone who taught you how to write is really special. You are the one who brought me to this world.

 I love you a lot , more than I even think. You took care of me and all others well. but when it comes to you, you forgot. You taught me so many good things that i don't know which one to say. be it doing our work on our own, keeping ourself and our surrounding clean .

At this point in my life, I'm considered an adult. Yes, maybe sometimes I don't completely act like it, but that's part of life, right? As I'm growing up, I realize just how much you did for me.  for that, I need to truly thank you – something I don't think I've appropriately done to date.

I still remember the day how I broke Egg and ruined entire kitchen. But even then, you were calm and checked me whether I was fine then scolding me like akka(elder sister) did.

You knew I bunked college many a times and went to a movie but still, you didn't tell that to dad. Sorry mom, I lied to you as I feared you won't agree. but I won't do that again.

Thanks for giving me, your love of life, sense of humor, excitement for every experience.

Dear dad,

You are my first role model. You have more belief on me then I ever have on myself. You always encourages me telling what I'm capable of. 

You specifically told me how I needed to build a dream to chase after.

You used to get anger at me when my report card didn't have high enough grades. That too to  make me realize that I can put more time into my work and improve my performance as a result.

Except mom and akka, we all indulge in  watching and playing cricket .

you showed us  how a man should treat a woman. you and mom are ideal couple. You proved that chivalry isn't dead, and giving me baseline expectations for the very least of what I should accept.

The hardest time in our lives was last year when you got hospitalized. I cried seeing you in hospital bed for I never saw you fall ill and tied down in one place for a whole day. But you gave us a smile and belief that you will overcome it and as you said , you did. 

brothers envy you a lot appa . though they didn't told you, they told me this many a times. 

I will always be your Baby Girl no matter what. I also know I am the luckiest girl to have the best Dad any girl could have had.

I love you dad.

Mom and dad,

At the end of the day as I drift off to sleep, I think about how incredibly lucky I am to have you in my life. Each and every day, I thank God for my blessings. I thank Him for my brothers, my sister , my good health and, most importantly, for you both.

I regret for all those times I've released my anger and frustration out on you. So, please forgive me. Because I love you.

Without each of you, I'd be nowhere near the person I am – and the person I'm still working on becoming. And I don't think this letter will be enough to express how much I really feel. you both know how bad I am when it comes to expressing in words. 

When I sit and look back to how far I can remember,  you are always there next to me.

Each and everyday you are helping me grow up, making me be the best that I can be.

When I am sad, you comfort me.
When I am sick, you care for me.
When I misbehave, you discipline me.

When I need help, you help me.
When I lose all faith, you help me regain it.

but 

When I need icecreams, you forbid me.

When I need help with my homework, you make akka to help me.  

When I feel dumb, you let me know I am smart.
When I am made fun of by anna, you tell me I am special.
No matter what happens, I know you both will always be there for me.

I love you both. I love you with all my heart, much more than I ever say.

Thank you for showing me true love , what it feels like, and the magic it creates.  

With lots of love,

KS

P.S whenever I hear this song, the only thing that comes to my mind are you both.