9.

- Bashar Jackson/Pop Smoke 💫 -- Bronx, New York -

- Bronx, New York -

"Thank you" Janay's mother sighed. "i really couldn't pick him up today my back was hurting so bad and-"

"it's okay. he's my son" i looked down at Amiri as he smiled. "here lil man" i kneeled down to him and took my woo chain off before putting it around his neck. "i promise i'll be back"

"build when you get back?" i chuckled and nodded.

"yea ima help you build witcho' lego's, mir" he smiled and wrapped his arms around my neck hugging me.

"baby we have to go" Janay sighed kneeling next to us. "gimme kiss" he gave her a kiss making her smile and he giggled. "i love you, stink. be good for mommom"

"love you dada" janay's mother looked at me making me look at janay.

"i can't believe y'all" she scoffed. "he's not even-"

"would you stop?" janay mugged her. "he's happy. let him live his life please"

"how can i when you over here finding rappers who have no actual job and having them raise your son? it's a hoe move"

"hey don't listen to her" i snapped my fingers at miri. "we gon' see you soon okay?" he nodded. "okay go inside" he went back inside the house and i stood back up.

"i just don't understand! you won't even give pop a chance to prove himself. your so one minded i swear"

"look at him! tattoo's on his face and all. you so stupid sometimes, Ja-"

"Ight' we don't need allis' shit" i shook my head. "it's yo birthday. youn' needa' be arguing to start the day off"

"leave all your negative energy away from my son, Mama. i'm serious" Janay gave her a look before walking infront of me to my car and i followed behind her.

her mama sure is something..

fucking crazy is what she is but we ain't gon' talk about that.

"ugh i hate her!" she groaned after getting in the car. "she just irritates me sooo much! like mind your goddamn business!"