Chapter 3

A/N: Hi! I'm back! This chapter will be told in Third Person POV but in Sophie and Keefe's view. (If you know what I mean. ;))

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Keefe

Keefe was shocked. He never expected Agent Moonlark would be able to fight so well.

Much less that she was so beautiful.

Much less that he would fall in love with her.

He squatted down and put his head in his hands.

SERIOUSLY?!?! He scolded himself. YOU JUST HAVE TO LOVE THE GIRL YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO HATE?!?! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?!?!

Deep down, he knew. Calling it love at first sight was too cheesy. He'd seen Sophie a bunch of times. Just not her face. Ish.

Besides, it was more of them bonding over what they hated.

He was so concentrated on his thoughts that he didn't notice his mom come up behind him.

Lady Gisela. Not Agent something- that-wasn't-her-name.

She once told him that in order to be the leader of the Neverseen, she first had to 'rise above all' and 'have a more dignified code name than everyone else'. Ugh.

"WHAT HAPPENED?!" Lady Gisela shouted at her son. "Why are the guards at the door unconscious?!"

Keefe flinched slightly. He murmured, "The Moonlark came to take the scrolls we stole from them." That part was true.

"You know, I was on guard duty tonight. I heard her fighting the other two agents, so I followed her here," that was very obviously a lie.

"Well I'm guessing she escaped, giving how frustrated you look," Lady Gisela fumed.

"MEET ME IN MY OFFICE!!" She barked. "I have a new mission for you."

Keefe sighed. He dreaded visits to her office. Everything was so posh and neat that it made him want to smash things. Nonetheless, he nodded.

Lady Gisela spun on her heel and stalked out the door.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Minutes later, Keefe plopped down on the leather armchair on the opposite side of his mom.

"What do you want me to do this time?" He asked, somewhat boredly.

Lady Gisela's eyes sparkled. That was not a good sign. She snatched a piece of paper off the table and handed it to him.

"This was found in your locker at Foxfire High," she told him.

Foxfire High was a prestigious school he attended. Not so much for knowledge, since he already knew basically everything, but more of going there undercover to recruit more spies.

He picked up the paper. It read:

We see potential in you,
so we've decided what to do.

At dawn tomorrow, meet us beside your school by the oak tree,
And where we'll go from there, we'll see.

"You gotta admit, they're good poets," Keefe remarked sarcastically. He knew exactly who the note was from.

The ridiculous rhyming plus the curve at the end of each letter, it was obvious that it was from the Black Swan.

"Seriously? What do you expect me to do with this?" Keefe frowned. He had an idea of what his mom might do. He just hated it.