chapter 1: Emerald and Ice

pov: Michael
"You're a fucking girl. you make my sister look lesbian." I spit at Luke driving him and my sister to school.

Oh god, I dont mean that. You're such a man and such a gentleman.

"I didnt ask for your opinion Michael." Luke shot back.

His voice makes me shiver. If only I could hear how raspy it was in the morning.. or after sex.

"You have legs, you could've walked to school rather than hear my opinions, flower girl." I smirked.

Luke's legs are my weakness and i'd give him a ride any time just to leave my hand on his thigh.

"Next time I will, asshole." he turned to look out the window.

I'm jealous of Cassidy. She's my little sister and she has the perfect boyfriend. Ever since they started dating I've always wanted him. He'll never like me back. Of course he won't. He's straight.

We pulled up to the school. Late, as usual. Teachers won't confront me about it though, because, well I'm Michael Clifford. The school Badass.

We got into the school, and the younger ones went straight to class while I lingered in the halls. The only class I like going to is art. I love how I can express my feelings through drawing, plus Luke is in my class.

I just waited in the halls until third period, art class. When the second bell rang I walked to the art room and found my usual seat in the back of the room. Luke walked in and avoided all eye contact with me. Dammit. All I wanted was to see his piercing blue eyes, looking straight into my emerald ones.

Our assignment for the week was to draw something that gave us happiness and joy. I decided to draw Luke. I started on his hair, drawing the perfect blonde quiff. Next I drew his head and face with his perfect lips. I was pulled from my daydreams by Mrs. Vincent's voice.

"Wow, Mr. Clifford, that is a beautiful portrayal of.. who is it?" I didn't like talking to people unless they were my close friends or Luke, so I gave her a quick shrug and she walked away to see other kids.

Every once in a while I would see Luke glance at me from his table across the room. I would get a good look at his face and keep working on my drawing. The bell rang signaling the end of art, and the start of lunch. I always met my two best friends, Calum and Ashton, by the stairs outside.

"Hey man, want one?" Calum said handing me a pack of cigarettes. I did want one but I saw Luke watching me from inside so I decided not to.

"No Cal, I'm good right now." Him and Ashton both took one and started smoking them. Six cigarettes and a half hour later, lunch ended and I went to hang out in the hallways alone.

It was Friday, Cassidy and Luke got rides home from their friends so I could go to Ashton's after school. Every Friday night we would go to Ash's and play video games all weekend.

I pulled up to my house and went inside to pack for Ashton's. I grabbed my old duffel bag from my closet. I threw a 'Pierce the Veil' shirt in there. With some sweatpants, an oversized sweater and black skinny jeans. I picked up my iPod off my desk and headed out to my car. I plugged my iPod to the car and played some 'Black Veil Brides'. I danced and sang in my seat as Andy screamed the lyrics to "Knives and Pens".

I got to Ashton's, pulled my bag out of the back seat and walked into the house. Ash and I were practically brothers, we've known each other since first grade, so we kind just walked in each others houses.

"Hi Ms. Irwin, how are you?" I asked Ashton's mom.

"I'm great Mikey, but I told you to call me Anne." I waved to her as I headed up the stairs to his room. I could hear Ash and Calum talking so I "snuck in" the room and sat on the bed. It took about five minutes for them to notice and when they did, they screamed.

"FUCK MIKEY! why do you always sneak up on us?" Calum shouted at me, it was funny watching him get mad.

"I don't remember sneaking up on you, I walked in the room and sat on the bed." I said with a smirk.

"Fuck you." Ashton said to me as he handed me a controller. "Mike, there's a party next week at Sam's house."

"The cocky quarterback?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. I really hated that guy. He always hit on Cass.

"Yeah, we hate him, but he throws wild parties, with girls." Ashton explained.

"And guys." Calum chimed in. I'm the gay friend.