chapter 5: You're safe now

pov: Mikey
"Calum, I don't know how long I can keep lying to her." I told my best friend, laying with passed out Luke on my bed.

"Man, you're Michael Clifford. You're great at lying."

"I know. But I feel bad. I like Luke and I can't lie to his mum much longer."

It's been three days since the party and Luke hasn't waken up yet. Calum, Ashton and I have been lying to his mum. I told her that we had a project to work on, but I don't know how long this lie will last. And whenever Liz wants to talk to Luke, I get Calum on the phone, apparently they sound alike.

I haven't been eating much because I'm worried sick about Luke. The night I found him in the room, I drove him to the hospital. I knew my mum didn't care about anything to do with me, so I called Ashton's mum. She's one of the closest people to me. She came as soon as possible and her motherly instinct kicked in. Ash and Cal also came mostly because Calum was drunk and needed to stay with me. Luke and them have become really close.

After I calmed down, I found out that Sam and his friends used Luke as their fuck toy. He was raped and beaten by them, while I was locked in the bathroom. The next day, I took him back to my house. I haven't been to school, I wanted to be with him every second. I started to drift off until I heard my door creak open.

"Hey, Mikey." My curly haired blonde friend said as he sat down on the end of my bed, making sure not to sit on Luke.

"Hey..." I responded not making eye contact.
"This..is all..my fault.." I said in between tears.

"What Mikey? You mean Luke getting hurt is your fault?" He said gently lifting my chin with his finger.

"Mmm..yeah."

"Michael how the hell could this be your fault?"

"I left him alone, in a place he's never been, with people he's never met. DAMMIT ASH! This is all my fault, I should've never taken him to this party, I should've never left him alone. I should've stayed out of his life. If it wasn't for me, he wouldn't be passed out on my bed bruised."

"MIKE! If it wasn't for you man, he would still be cutting!" I looked up at my friend with tears in my eyes.

"What? That's not true. I saw his cuts, they were new." I said quietly, but loud enough for him to hear.

"Michael, listen to me. Him and I were talking during gym one day. I saw his cuts and told him that you really cared about him and I told him he should stop cause he's an amazing kid. He told me that they were fairly new, but they were before you started talking to him. He said that when you started talking to him and complimenting him, he felt loved for once. For being him, not for his sex. If it wasn't for you, he would be cutting and more depressed than he is now." Ashton finished, getting up and turning the Xbox on.

I grabbed my favourite controller and we played Call of Duty, still teary eyed.

After 20 minutes of gaming, I heard something behind me moving. I turned around and saw the love of my life. Sitting up and cuddled in my blankets. "Luke?" I whispered to the still hurting boy.

"Oh my gosh Luke, I'm so happy you're awake. Michael has been so upset." Ashton said. Luke laughed a little while running a hand through his hair.

"Michael? W..what happened?" He asked his voice cracking a little.

"I'll tell you later babe, all we need to focus on is you getting some food and calling your mum. Tell her we just finished the project, I'll explain everything later." He picked up his phone and dialed his mums number.

"Hey mum, we just finished the project." He said trying sound like he's been awake. "Mm, yeah. I'm gonna stay at Michael's another night." He looked at me as if he was asking for my approval, I nodded and he went on in his conversation. "Love you too mum." And he hung up.

Ashton went downstairs to get Luke something to eat and I got into the bed with him. He cuddled up to me and layed on my chest. "Thank you Michael."

"For what baby?" I asked looking down at his icy blue eyes.

"Staying with me, you could've left me at the party. But you didn't."

"I would never do that, I love you Luke Hemmings, I always have and I always will. I will be here for you from now on. Calum, Ash or I will always be there to protect you." Ashton came in shortly after with a sandwich for Luke. He ate quietly while me and Ashton talked. I gave him quick kisses on his nose while he was eating.

"Michael, when I'm better, can we go on our..uh date?" Luke asked me as he finished.

"Yeah of course. Do you wanna go back to school on Monday or wait?" I asked fixing his hair.

"Well, it's Friday so I think I'll go. I have the whole weekend to heal and I'm staying here tonight. Right?"

"Yeah, well if you want to." I looked down to hide my blushing, this would be out first time spending the night together while he's awake. He nodded happily. "Okay you can wear some of my clothes tonight." He smiled up at me.

"Well guys, I don't wanna bother you guys in your cuddles. I'm gonna go home, love ya Mikey, bye Luke." I waved to them.

"Love ya man." I yelled at my best friend who was half way out the door.

"Bye Ash."

"So Luke, do you wanna watch a movie?" I asked the cute blonde as he changed into one of my Green Day shirts that went down to the middle of his thighs. He took his skinny jeans off and sat on the couch.

"Yeah, what do you have?" He asked as he looked through my movies. "oooh Blades of Glory. I love this movie!" I laughed at his enthusiasm.

"Okay, Blades of Glory it is."