A Change Of Heart

(2526 Words)

After that night, Dream snuck out a few more times throughout the week. Each time he came back something changed in the once caring, sweet, gentle figure. I mean, all those things stayed the same for George but he couldn't say the same about the others.

Dream got controlling, even Tommy was under Dream's control. If Dream didn't like something, it didn't happen, if he wanted something, he got it. It scared George, even though George was the only one allowed to not be scared. Dream now treated him like royalty. Some things stayed the same, but when they were around other people Dream was very protective over George. The one night George finally decided to go out again, they met up with their friends at the club.

It was all going fine, everyone was acting normal, some a little tensed up by the sudden control Dream showed a few times while playing Minecraft. George started talking with Quackity and Quackity asked a personal question.

"Hey George there's a scar near your hand, you ok?" Dream cut in before George could even speak.

"How about you mind your own fucking buiness Alex." George flinched at the sudden anger in his voice, all heads were turned towards Dream.

"Dream..it's ok." George put his hand on Dream's shoulder. He saw Dream relax a bit from the touch, but it faded quickly.

"Like for real Alex, do you see me going around and asking why you're such a player? Why you sleep with every girl you see? Why your such a fucking prick? No, so leave him alone." Even without seeing his eyes, everyone seemed to be able to feel the glare that came from behind the mask.

"What's your problem man." Alex snapped back.

"My problem? My fucking problem? It's that you don't mind your business."

"I was seeing if he was okay like geez. If you saw a huge cut on George wouldn't you ask questions, why are you so defensive? Did you hurt him, Dream." Alex's voice was daring.. He knew he shouldn't have said that..

"What." Dream's voice was low.

"You're being so defensive, you didn't even let him speak. Afraid George is going to slip up? Because you're hurting him? Cutting deep into his thin skin?" No one spoke. The music wasn't even louder than the silence that rang through everyone.

Dream stood up. Alex right away regretted what he said, a tight hand gripped the neck line of Alex's shirt pulling him off his chair.

"Don't. Don't you ever suggest that I hurt George." Dream's knuckles were white, everyone stared waiting for it to happen.

"Please Dream, it's fine he was just curious." George pleaded, now right behind Dream trying to pull him away.

"Shut up George. Sit." Dream lightly pushed George away.

"Look man, I was just asking a question. Can we drop thi-." A fist flew, and hit, and hit... and hit. Everyone was now off of their seats, screaming at Dream, breaking between the two, and eventually getting Dream far away from Alex.

George stood there, staring at the bloody lip, nose, closed eye, tears that ran down Alex's face. Philza was already taking Alex away, the rest of them stayed frozen in their places. All eyes were on Dream, Dream was looking at George. George was scared...truly scared. A shiver ran down his spine as he looked at the white mask, and bloody fist that stared back at him. The man that cared for everyone, that hated drama, always solved the problems, ..was now different. He felt hatred..he hated the feeling because he loved Dream, Dream was his best friend..but so was Alex. Dream was not in the right, not even a little.