Reflections

Warnings: Angst, Cussing, Kinda trying to condemn yourself to the end.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Location: Other multiverse

- Quick reminder that every mention of Nightmare or any other character in this chapter belongs to the Dream is in.

-Just a quick chapter before school returns to kill me.

-And they are skeletons, not humans I just thought the picture was nice.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Dream had come to this new multiverse there was a time of just acting and not thinking, at all. At first, he was honestly still tired until the whole villager scenario which in his opinion was really funny because not everyone in the village chased after him, they just looked at the whole thing with a look of nonchalance. Anyways, the weird thing is that he started to get really hyperactive up to the point he would say nonsensical things and act impatient, he couldn't even stop moving, not even in his sleep according to Error the second. It bothered him but at the same time, it didn't because while it made him act like a fool, it also kept him from the depression that still lingered in the back of his mind. He wondered why he was like this.

In a time before death itself was born, where the only thing that awaited souls was the void Nightmare used to cower, he used to be alone, had no one to turn to. He had a brother but he didn't care; Dream was the beloved god of positivity and Nightmare was the opposite so in order to keep his reputation Dream stayed away from him. While his brother did smile at him and greet him with respect, it was obvious he would rather keep Nightmare away in front of company. It was really a shame because Nightmare used to hope Dream would keep him safe, although, that was never the case. After he bit an apple from the sacred tree, everything changed. Nightmare was no longer scared, he punished all those who harmed him, it did not matter the rank of a god, they would pay, that included Asgore's son who usually went along with the tauntings, he was transformed. The gods feared him and ran as he walked away from his genocide but there was still someone who had not paid. Once he found Dream he walked towards him, feet clanking on the cold marble floor of their once cold home as everything was still and silent for a moment, his brother looked at him with utter fear as he tried to get away, how hilariously pathetic. He ran at Dream, and as his brother started to run it was already too late, he grabbed Dreams arm as he screamed in horror and crushed it, then he froze his brother in stone were with one of his tentacles he grabbed the statue and threw it from the heavens hoping it would shatter and end his existence. Once what he did sank in he laughed and looked down below tears started to form in the corners of his eyes and he laughed louder, he gripped his head as all the power consumed him even farther and his laughs turned into sobs. He dropped onto the floor and screamed his throat raw, he screamed for his brother to come back because although his brother had wronged him, Nightmare still cared. The house had never felt more empty. The King of the gods had led the others to punish him for his crime. When they came in they only heard screams of pain. Some of the gods cowered and fled but others stayed strong. Once they found him they were horrified. He was bleeding from the sides of his skull where his fingers were digging in, tears falling down a face of pure insanity and pain, his screams were that of an animal.

 The King forced himself to speak gaining Nightmare's attention."God of Negativity you have caused the genocide of many gods, and for that, you shall never be forgiven." 

Suddenly Nightmare stood up frightening many. He looked at Asgore, then spoke as he suddenly broke down once more, at first it was only but a whisper but soon they became screams, "Kill me. Kill me. Kill me. Kill me. Kill me. Kill me. Kill me! Kill me! Kill me! Kill me! Kill me! Kill me! Kill me! Kill me! Just fucking Kill me!"

Asgore looked at the animal who used to be a god with pity and hate before he said, "You shall be banished from the realm of gods. Never to Return."

Nightmare wandered the Mortal realm, dead inside, he did not know anything but guilt. He wandered and wandered, never-ending his journey to nowhere. Through rain, snow, hail he never stopped even if He wondered if Dream had survived the fall. One day he found the statue and a glimmer of hope grew in his soul maybe he was still alive. He stopped his journey and stayed by his side. Talking to Dream about the places he had seen and about humanity. He decorated the statue with flowers and waited for the day his brother would break free. He stayed like that for ten thousand years. He hoped and dreamed of the day his brother would be free, maybe after knowing he had cared for him, maybe Dream would love him like a brother for once. Of course, that isn't what happened. Once Dream broke free the first thing he noticed was the fact that he was covered in flowers, the second was Nightmare. Dream backed up from a smiling Nightmare, it confused him why was he happy? 

"Dream I a-" Nightmare said before Dream cut him off.

"Stay away from me you wretched beast!'' Dream screamed.

Nightmare had a broken look but he still had hope, so he started to speak, "Brother we are in the mortal realm ho-"

Dream cut him off before screaming in anger, "I am not your brother! Not only that but you trapped me here with you in this place! Stay away you foul thing!"

With that, he left and Nightmare was crushed. Why? I can't understand why you never loved me. After sitting there for a long time Nightmare realized he wasn't at fault. If Dream had loved him he would have never allowed the other gods to hurt him, tease him. If the gods had not treated him like a monster he would have never snapped. He was alone.

Many years passed and soon he found out how to travel to alternate universes. There he found others: Killer, Dust, and Horror and while at first, he treated them like trash they soon grew closer. At first, he also destroyed AU's for fun but it soon became about keeping the balance between positivity and negativity, Dream had to fuck it up, didn't he? He soon found two others to join the group: Cross and Error. Soon his group became a family and after a long time, he developed a special liking for his second in command which is Cross. He also liked to keep things fancy since he when he used to be a god his place was pretty extravagant so that caused some teasing from the gang but they didn't complain. Life was finally okay.

Nightmare was having a break from another long day in his library, sitting in a comfy chair as he read 'Merlin' and so far it was awesome he had to stop himself from crying at the one scene where Merlin loses his kingdom and goes insane. When suddenly he felt the balance shift more dangerously towards positivity.

"What the hell? There is no way I am dealing with Dream right now first of all I am reading, second of all I do not want to know how hyper he will be due to this much level of positivity. I will just send my least favorites to go and cause ruckus while I finish the book." Nightmare said as he stretched.

"Killer, Dust go cause some chaos in Haventale while I finish my book!" He yelled.

 It was going to be a long night.

==========================================================================

Word Count: 1288

P.S. I kinda changed up the format hope you don't mind!