Waking Up

A/N: I am literally so so sorry for not updating in such a long time! I am honestly not in a good place emotionally and it is getting harder to bottle everything in per day. I honestly feel really alone. Anyways let us move on to something actually important I hope you enjoy it! If my writing is rusty I apologize!

Location: Other Multiverse

Two characters perspective chapter

____________________________________________________________________________

When Nightmare was little there was no one who had ever protected him. He was always picked on by the other gods, including his brother. Everyone hated him and all he ever received were bruises, broken bones, and hateful words. To say it no longer bothered him was a lie, he easily pretended that everything was fine because it really was; he had people who loved him and looked up to him. It was everything he had ever wanted, but even so, there was still no one who protected him since he was the one to do so. He could not be selfish though, this was literally paradise compared to the life he lived before. He still had issues but so did everyone else and that is why he helped his boys any way he could. Nightmare did not think he deserved help, he would just feel guilty for bothering them afterward, and ever since the apple incident, he had problems recognizing his feelings, and even when he did Nightmare just pushed them away. They were not important. 

Nightmare did that until it happened. He had been fighting the Stars again along with his crew, it was honestly going like normal until Dream somehow managed to shoot him sixteen times with his arrows. Time slowed down and he fell on his knees, one more blow and he would be dead. Nightmare panicked, feeling as small as the many times he got picked on, Nightmare wondered what would happen to his family if he was gone...he would never get to tell Cross that he loved him. He remembered the time in which he fell in love with his first in command, The rest of his family had been out for a mission and he was bedridden due to a lack of negativity that left him completely weak. Nightmare had never liked getting sick, he felt vulnerable, and he usually reverted into his old form partially which hurt since his old wounds had never completely healed. Cross had stayed behind and patiently took care of him, making sure he was comfortable, entertained, and never made him feel weak. Night had never felt so loved in his life. He almost cried when Cross told him that it was no problem taking care of him since he did so much for them. 

He was about to accept his death when a yellow blur ran towards him and took the blow. Nightmare glimpsed the stranger's face and stood in shock when he saw his...brother? No, that could not be right his brother was the one trying to kill him...but they looked so alike. The stranger smiled painfully at him and the rest honestly became a blur. All he could see was him standing up ignoring his pain and catching him, the world seemed like a blur. Everything went dark.

~~~~~~~~

Nightmare woke up in his room, he did not feel like moving at all. Everything hurt and he felt so numb as he recalled almost dying. What if he had not made it? He did not want to imagine his family's teary faces, or the smiley apocalypse as he dubbed it, that would happen right after. He then remembered the lookalike that had saved him. Was he alright? 

Nightmare quickly got up despite the pain and quickly wobbled his way to the guest room where his brother, no, the stranger would most likely be. He opened the door and saw him lying there, he really did resemble his brother. He walked and stood right beside the bed looking down at him. They lied completely still, and Nightmare noticed an aura of positivity...which explained the recent tilt but at the same time he felt sadness and regret coming from this stranger. Nightmare started to turn away not expecting the person to turn towards him in a reaching out position.