Regret

All character speech text:

Nightmare: Normalish Octopus Single Dad

Cross: Killer Oreo

Horror: Here eating a table leg

Killer: Somewhere

Dust: Whenever I can I will mess up your happy day 

Error: Leave me alone to die

    Now let's get started*

Nightmare had instantly felt like the small piece of his bond with Dream broke. 

    It had been a normal morning like any other, he read all night until his boys woke up and started causing a ruckus around the manor. He could usually hear the yells which usually always followed the same pattern; whether it was from Dust scaring the hell out of someone to wake them up; Cross running down the halls after either Killer or Error with the intent to hurt because they stole his chocolate again; Sometimes it was Horror complaining about the lack of food which was not a problem he just simply complained about it while eating a whole plate of food.

   After some debating, he just decided to deal with it and go deal with the problem before there was a fire again. You know after living with them for all this time Nightmare thought he would get used to walking into the dumbest and most random things. There was no doubt he never would. Cross was literally trying to murder Killer while all Kills could do was plead innocent as he called out for help...all while holding an empty chocolate wrapper in his hand. Horror was trying to flirt with a piece of jello, complementing how... good it looked. Dust was laughing at Killer while eating some popcorn and soon started choking on it. Killer managed to get out of Cross's hold and booked it, then Cross threw a knife at him which landed on the stove. Soon after the kitchen was on fire. As soon as he was almost out of his state of disappointment, he saw Error just looking at Undernovela and being done with everything...he could relate...this was the fifteenth time they have had to replace the stove.

   "...explain, Now!"

  "It was all Cross's fault![Cough]he set the stove[Cough] on fire!... It was hilarious to watch though."

"I'm sorry but I am on a date right now, either way, I don't know what the heck happened!"

"Excuse me! How dare you blame me, Killer set his fate once he ate MY CHOCOLATE."

"...where even is Killer?"

  Then out of a sudden Error spoke which frankly surprised everyone in the room except for Nightmare because they had no clue he was there since he was usually out destroying almost all of the time.

  "He is hiding in the chandelier."

  He indeed was hanging on the chandelier barely...nevermind he is now knocked out on the floor.

  "It is all Dust's fault he stole one of Cross's chocolate bars and left it in Killer's hand. Then proceeded to wake up Cross telling him about it. So of course he went to Killer's room and did the rational thing, he tried to kill him in honor of his chocolate."

"...Dust...you have ten seconds to run..."

"Oh shit, I'm dead...everything I own goes to Error"

"No thank you I don't want your junk."

  That's when Nightmare felt it. Everything faded out. His already twisted bond with Dream broke completely. He felt an overwhelming sense of loss because as much as he did not show it deep down he wished Dream would come with him one day,... and he never will now. His chest felt tight, it was as if all the air in his nonexistent lungs left him. A tear, then another, and soon his face was covered in tears. He couldn't even hear anything around him anymore as he fell on his knees from the pain and the first sob escaped his mouth. He should have tried to reach out to him when he was alone. He shouldn't have pushed him away. So much regret as he kept crying over something he didn't notice was there waiting for him until it was too late. He felt so much regret.

  The gang looked worriedly over Nightmare not knowing what to do as broke down, they had never seen him like this before.

Word Count: 675

*Welp this is the end of this chapter I hope you enjoyed it. As we all know Dream is not dead but Nightmare thinks he is because the Broken bond they shared faded out completely which was always a reassurance to Nightmare that Dream was still alive. If Dream had died Nightmare would have died too.*