// Part Fourteen //

Becky
The harder he squeezed my throat, the more pain I could see across his own face. I could barely breathe, he's completely taken that away from me. I waited until I couldn't anymore, I had to take my chances. I kicked him in the nuts so hard that he had no choice but to release his grip on me. He collapsed onto the floor and I took that as my chance.

I moved off the wall and I fell down next to Colby, he had blood pouring down his face and it was all my fault.

"Colby I need you to listen to me very carefully, well I tell you to, run. Run like you never have before, don't come back and don't even look back just run."

"No, I'm not leaving you with him..."

"I can handle my own, just please...I'm a vampire remember. Your wish is about to be granted..."

"What's that supposed to mean...how is my wish going to be granted?"

"It doesn't matter, just get ready to run because once Uther is awake I won't be able to hold him off for long."

"Will I ever see you again?"

"No...I'll be gone."

A tear escaped my eye as Colby brought his bloody hand to my cheek.

"Please don't do this Becky, please."

"I-I'm sorry..."

"Just let me do this."

He brought his lips to mine and kissed me as though this was truly his last chance and it was, maybe he knows what I really plan to do but I just can't have him watch it.

"Becky...tut, tut, tut."

I span on my heel and I saw Uther back on his feet again.

"Colby run!"

"Don't bother, my guards are outside. They'll turn you if you even try...Now Becky, give me what you've got!"

I started to chant a fire spell under my breath, I didn't break my intense eye contact with Uther the whole time I was casting the spell. Suddenly fire was snaking around my arm, slipping in and out of my fingers without even burning me. I've already been good with fire, which is odd because it could literally kill me right now.

"I didn't want to do this Uther, I never wanted to do this but you've left me no choice."

I turned to Colby as the fire grew bigger in my hand.

"I'm sorry, you'll be safe now."

Colby
She started to yell and the fire grew stronger, she grabbed Uther and the fire snaked around his arms too.

"Run..."

I couldn't move, I wanted to stop what was going on but I couldn't. She threw the fire down and suddenly they were both engulfed in flames.

"BECKY!"

My lungs burned as I screamed for her, but it was too late. She was truly gone...Her words just replayed in my mind. "I'm sorry, you'll be safe now." She did this for me, she's gone because of me.

The smoke started to get thicker, so I scrambled to my feet and I walked out. I could see two piles of dust, where I assume the guards were standing...she really did this for me? She gave up her life so I could be safe, which doesn't make any sense considering I stabbed her.

"COLBY! COLBY WHERE'S BECKY!"

I looked through the smoke and I saw Ashley's familiar figure running towards me. I just shook my head and Ashley had to catch me in her arms as I broke, Becky's really dead...and that's all on me.